PDA

View Full Version : Inspectionnews layout changes

Jerry Peck
10-10-2010, 05:51 AM
Since the side bar with the links and ads moved from the left side to the right side, many forums/threads do not shrink down to 'fit window' and I have to scroll across to see the full width - which means the side bar only partially shows, but that is okay as I would rather have that than have to scroll horizontally to read posts.

Anyone else having that happen?

Ted Menelly
10-10-2010, 06:23 AM
Since the side bar with the links and ads moved from the left side to the right side, many forums/threads do not shrink down to 'fit window' and I have to scroll across to see the full width - which means the side bar only partially shows, but that is okay as I would rather have that than have to scroll horizontally to read posts.

Not here

Firefox

Vern Heiler
10-10-2010, 06:31 AM

Wow, when did this happen?

I like it because I used to have to scroll horiz on some post to see the whole line. I don't know why some post layout wider than others?

Scott Patterson
10-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Wow, when did this happen?

I like it because I used to have to scroll horiz on some post to see the whole line. I don't know why some post layout wider than others?

Same for me. It works fine on IE 8

Bob Elliott
10-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Should be better for Android and iphone use.

H.G. Watson, Sr.
10-10-2010, 10:14 AM
Main index page hasn't been re-scripted to re-sizing yet (still wide) but has the right-sided new format placement.

All others script now regular screen (not wide-screen) sizing, (threads, main page, subject area indexes) except for threads which become stretched when images hosted elsewhere are imbedded somewhere in the thread post string that are too wide (like a recent one I linked too-large images-to where OP had difficulty posting photos and subsequent posters seemed unable to follow off-site link beyond the "thumbnail" view of the photobucket album). This "stretching" has always happened when large/wide image placements take place somewhere in the topic string (series of posts).

Noticed it (the format and sizing change) either Thursday or Friday, shortly after the change in the facebook/share/icons and the triple button ad links and google custom search tool showed up.

Gunnar Alquist
10-10-2010, 01:09 PM
I haven't had a problem. Using Chrome, but I don't know if that matters. Probably something BH is correcting right now while we whine. :cool:

Brian Hannigan
11-05-2010, 09:44 AM
It was just a test to see how well the ads would do on the right side.

The answer, not very well.

Since InspectionNews is funded by YOU clicking on THEM on EACH visit I have moved the menu bar back to the left side. Hopefully that will help. I need to be able to afford a turkey later this month ;)

And remember, donations are still a great way to support InspectionNews. If information on InspectionNews has helped you in any way in the past year please consider a little "Thanks-Giving" this November to help out like these people have done (http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/general-chit-chat-home-inspectors-commercial-inspectors/17833-thank-you.html)during the year.

Benjamin Thompson
11-05-2010, 08:33 PM
What's with all the youtube crap showing up in posts??

Brian Hannigan
11-08-2010, 12:52 PM
What's with all the youtube crap showing up in posts??

Hi Ben,

I see you are a new and a fairly active participant on InspectionNews.

Welcome!

InspectionNews is supported by donations from users like yourself (http://www.hanntech.com/payment/donation.html)and from advertisers. Without both this site would not be possible.

The YouTube videos are from companies that provide products and services to the inspection community and are sponsors of the site. I encourage you and everyone to watch when you see new videos appear.