PDA

View Full Version : Gorilla Gripper

Brian Hannigan
10-14-2010, 10:42 AM
I thought this was pretty cool. Have they been around for a long time? First time I've seen one.

dvd (http://gorillagripper.com/videos/dvd.html)

Ted Menelly
10-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Maybe if I used that all those years I would not have had a couple back operations and just a plain old worn out back.Things are so simple. I guess we just go thru life with blinders on. It is truly a fantastic tool and I recommend it to anyone in the trades where you actually work hard for a living. Between plywood and drywall I have either grabbed it by the top, pulled it in the air and thru a hand under it or pulled one end up, slid a hand under , of course bending down at an angle. and then lifting up thousands and thousands and thousands of sheets of drywall and plywood.

We use to load entire apartment buildings with drywall and then commence hanging it all day,week,month. My own businesses, I never asked anyone to do what I would not. Sometimes we would load several buildings in a day....thousands of sheets. 8, 10, 12 foot 5/8, 8, 10, 12, and yes once upon a time 14 and 16 foot 1/2 drywall. Those handy little gadgets wood more than likely have saved many a back.

Then of course you still have to apply it all :D

Jack Feldmann
10-14-2010, 12:05 PM
That is very cool. I have not seen one like that before. I have had one that you hook onto the bottom and carry it that way, but it doesn't lock in like the Gorilla Gripper does.

What I think is odd is the guy's table saw is on an upper level.

Rick Hurst
10-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Great video but the music made me want to shove an icepick into my eardrum. Why does all construction type videos all seem to have that horrible music with them?

rick

Jack Feldmann
10-14-2010, 01:23 PM
They also make a cool tool for loading sheets onto a table saw. I may get one of them.
I don't carry sheet goods much any more, but the gripper looks like a very cool tool to have.

John Kogel
10-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Thanks, Brian. Finally, someone with brains tried to lift a sheet of plywood and saw how hard it is. :D

wayne soper
10-14-2010, 03:24 PM
good stuff, still brings back nightmares though, now my wrists and knees hurt again,thanks alot:D

Ted Menelly
10-14-2010, 03:29 PM
good stuff, still brings back nightmares though, now my wrists and knees hurt again,thanks alot:D

I thought the same thing when I saw all the lifting.

Jim Robinson
10-14-2010, 04:03 PM
First item for my Christmas list this year. I work by myself all the time, and that would come in very handy. If business doesn't pick up, I may have to use it more than I want to.

Ted Menelly
10-14-2010, 06:14 PM
First item for my Christmas list this year. I work by myself all the time, and that would come in very handy. If business doesn't pick up, I may have to use it more than I want to.

I did not really want to bring it up on here but since you did.....How is business in the neighbor state. I have talked to several folks around here and they really do not have a nice word on what's going on with work lately.

Nick Ostrowski
10-14-2010, 06:22 PM
I did not really want to bring it up on here but since you did.....How is business in the neighbor state. I have talked to several folks around here and they really do not have a nice word on what's going on with work lately.

Business has hit the proverbial wall here in PA Ted. The phone has been dead the past two weeks. Only one job this week but it does leave me with more time to get out bowhunting.

Sorry, I'm digressing. Great product, the Gorilla Gripper. One of those things that makes you wonder why something like it didn't come out sooner.

Jim Robinson
10-14-2010, 06:38 PM
You know, I was having a really good year, and then two weeks ago it just went really, really dead. I have had one inspection in two weeks. I'm kicking ass on a major home remodel project, but it still makes you nervous heading into winter.

Markus Keller
10-14-2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah, that thing has been around for years. Probably more than a decade, can't remember. Works really well, tends to grow feet though.

Steven Turetsky
10-14-2010, 09:42 PM
I've never seen this one, but I have a set that works on the same principal, except the lift is from the sides. I specifically use them to move large lites of glass (2 men). They are self adjusting to different thicknesses, and the heavier the item, the tighter the grip. The only down side I've encountered is that if you rest the load for an instant, it can lose its grip.

Michael Thomas
10-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Looks like a great idea for drywall and OSB, but I was surprised it did not just break off drywall at the grip point.

erika krieger
10-15-2010, 06:56 AM
I like this video. Better music too.

commercial (http://www.gorillagripper.com/videos/commercial.html)

Timothy M. Barr
10-18-2010, 05:56 AM
I work for Habitat for Humanity when not inspecting. This looks like it would be a good tool to have on site. I know I would use one at home going shopping

Scott Hermodson
10-22-2010, 05:54 AM
I bought one of those for my dad for Xmas probably 4-5 years ago. He loves it. I've been waiting for him to give up on the remodeling thing (age) so I can "borrow" it back. It really is a back saver!

Markus Keller
10-22-2010, 06:57 AM
McFeeley's current promotion gives you a Gorilla Gripper free with a $250 order. For those that don't know McFeeley's ... good tools, good prices, good fast delivery. I've bought a good amount of stuff from them with no problems.