PDA

View Full Version : Yanks, Phils, Fox TV & Cablevision

Darren Miller
10-17-2010, 03:30 AM
The class of the American league got POUNDED yesterday. Texas (hey, whats up with that antler sign?) got to the Yankee pitching. A poor effort after a very big comeback Friday night. Oh well, they come back to NY tied at 1 game each (which is basically what you want in a 7 game series).

I hear the Phils and Roy Halladay got beat last night. Too bad I couldn't see the game because Fox & Multi-billionaire James Dolan are fighting over money. Gee, guess who the big loser in this one is gonna be? Yep, the downtrodden pee-ons, you know, you & me!

I've been wanting to drop cablevision for years, guess this is as good a time as any!

Nick Ostrowski
10-17-2010, 07:08 AM
That sucks Darren. Luckily I have Comcast cable and got to witness every pitch of the loss (grrrrrr).

No time to cry though. Game 2 is tonight and a chance to even up the series.

Matt Fellman
10-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Too bad I couldn't see the game because Fox & Multi-billionaire James Dolan are fighting over money. Gee, guess who the big loser in this one is gonna be? Yep, the downtrodden pee-ons, you know, you & me!

We've had the same crap going on here in Portland regarding the Trailblazer games for years. It seems team owner Paul Allen (billionare Microsoft guy) signed a contract with Comcast for something like 10 years so everyone on satellite TV is SOL. Everyone just points fingers and blames the other side while the years tick by with no way to watch the games.

David McGuire
10-17-2010, 11:49 AM
Don't you guys have a TV antenna to back up your sat/cable umbilical cord?

Matt Fellman
10-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Don't you guys have a TV antenna to back up your sat/cable umbilical cord?

Most Blazer games are on Comcast sports net.... The few that are on local TV I get.... there's also the occasional game on tnt or espn.

David McGuire
10-17-2010, 09:51 PM
Most Blazer games are on Comcast sports net.... The few that are on local TV I get.... there's also the occasional game on tnt or espn.

Dang, exclusively on cable only. Ya'll ought to all get together and tell them sports boys that the big money contract isn't always the best way to go. If they took all the pro-teams in KC and moved them to a cable channel only contract their would be revolt of the fans. Even though the Royals are the biggest joke in pro baseball there is still enough fans to really cause a big uproar.

Matt Fellman
10-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Dang, exclusively on cable only. Ya'll ought to all get together and tell them sports boys that the big money contract isn't always the best way to go. If they took all the pro-teams in KC and moved them to a cable channel only contract their would be revolt of the fans. Even though the Royals are the biggest joke in pro baseball there is still enough fans to really cause a big uproar.

:)

Yeah, it's a messed up situation when your owner has more money than he needs. He can just play around and make dumb deals and we all suffer. Although, luckily the Blazers haven't been much to see in recent years. I usually cough up the $160 for the "league pass" to get all the games. So I can watch every game in the NBA that takes place.... except the ones 15 miles from my house :(

Darren Miller
10-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Congrads to the mighty Texas Rangers. They beat the 'hapless' Yankees pretty handily last night (actually the whole series).

The quest for # 28 must wait another year!

Good luck to the Rangers against whoever you play!

Nick Ostrowski
10-23-2010, 06:35 AM
Yeah, it was a very un-Yankee-like performance.

Let's Go Phils!!!!!!

RANDY NICHOLAS
10-23-2010, 07:50 AM
nick,
you can scratch out the yanks
go rangers