PDA

View Full Version : Online Information Database for Mechanical System

Haniel Croitoru
10-27-2010, 06:50 PM
Hi all,

During my home inspections I find that I spend a bit of time deciphering data and determining age, and other information. Wouldn't it be nice if we had a system where you can enter a bit of information (such as a model number or serial number) and POOF >>> you get all the information you need about the system? Technical specifications, age, recalls, etc.?

I put together a short survey (10 questions) to get everyone's input on this topic. If the feedback is favorable, then maybe in the not-so-distant future, it may be a dream no more! I would appreciate it if everyone could take 5 minutes or less to provide me with some feedback. The survey can be found at Online Information System Survey (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XW56L9W)

Thanks,
-Haniel

Benjamin Thompson
10-27-2010, 08:20 PM
Very good idea, I hope it takes off. There is a similar system (recallcheck I think) but it is far too expensive for everyday use, Maybe something with a reasonable annual fee (rather than per inspection) would be good.
BTW, the survey takes less than a minute!

Haniel Croitoru
10-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Based on the feedback I've been getting so far, most inspectors would not be interested at any cost and surprisingly even if it were free, only a few would supply information beyond the SOP to their clients. Let's wait and see what more responses will tell.

-Haniel