PDA

View Full Version : Device Identification?

Robert Foster
12-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Is this an old smoke or carbon monoxide detector?

The device was located in the hallway of a house built in 1977. It was manufactured by Nutone and did not respond to the test button. The house has recently undergone a major renovation with a properly postioned and functioning smoke alarm system, which when activated, did not cause this alarm to go off.

I intended to get back to it at the end of the inspection for a closer look, but both realtors, the clients and their inlaws, and the builder were in and out during the inspection, and all of them got me side tracked with a million questions.

Tech 9 Home Inspections
12-01-2010, 04:39 PM
In my place I have something similar to that. IMO I believe it could be a panic alarm, attached to a Home monitored alarm system. Is it situated in the bedroom? Other guess's might be a wireless door chime.

Jarrod

Rick Cantrell
12-01-2010, 05:01 PM
I think it is an intercom call station.

Robert Foster
12-01-2010, 05:36 PM
Interesting possibilities...you guys have me glad I didn't make an assumption...the wireless door bell is possible but there was no door bell button at either of the exterior doors...the intercom call station is a stretch cause it was wall mounted about 7 feet 6 inches off the floor...ummm...now I want to go back and take the cover off and figure it out.

Corn Walker
12-01-2010, 07:31 PM
It's a smoke detector for Nutone's home security system.

Nutone values for home security systems (http://rienterprisepartsplus.com/valsecurity.htm)

Rick Cantrell
12-02-2010, 05:15 AM
Good job finding that Corn.