PDA

View Full Version : neighbor making me nervous

John Arnold
12-07-2010, 11:12 AM
Taken from my third floor window.

Ted Menelly
12-07-2010, 12:25 PM

What an absolute fool. One iota of imbalance and he is a dead man.

I can only imagined if you hollered at him. He would flip his head to the left and then the body will follow and body is the key word because that is what they would find three floors below on the driveway.

Maybe he has a big insurance policy and wants to leave some funds to his family. Maybe you should have helped him out

HEY NEIGHBOR.......................................... ......OOPS!

And to think he has lived this long with all that gray hair :rolleyes: Going thru life with luck on his shoulders.

Jon Errickson
12-07-2010, 03:01 PM
What's he doing?? I don't see gutters, Christmas lights or a ladder.

Nick Ostrowski
12-07-2010, 03:06 PM
Something tells me he's done that before.

John Arnold
12-07-2010, 03:06 PM
What's he doing?? I don't see gutters, Christmas lights or a ladder.

It's a kind of internal gutter, which he's partially kneeling in, cleaning out leaves. Bad, leaky design. I've seen him up there crawling along the edge in a downpour, heaving handfuls of leaves down to the yard. The ladder is out of the picture over to the right.
Tough Philly guy. Great neighbor, too.

Jon Errickson
12-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Tough Philly guy. Great neighbor, too.

I get it... that's just part of the Eagles-fan training program!

John Arnold
12-07-2010, 03:28 PM
...three floors below on the driveway....

May not matter that much, but he's only two stories up, even though I took the pic from my third floor. And it's a fairly cushy yard he'd land in...but it's MY YARD!

Paul Kondzich
12-07-2010, 06:46 PM
Maybe just me, but I am glad thats not the view from where I live.

JB Thompson
12-07-2010, 07:11 PM
Maybe just me, but I am glad thats not the view from where I live.

looks like he's on a section of the wall that juts out (outjog)

I've probably done similar things that MAY appear to the UNTRAINED eye as foolish :D

Ron Bibler
12-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Some old guys don't have a problem with roofs...Hes looks calm... The next time you see him out on the roof like that ask him if he has the time:D

Best

Ron

John Kogel
12-07-2010, 08:07 PM
John, you are right to be nervous. I like to see people that maintain their places the way this guy does, but he should have a safety rope. And a leaf blower.

David Garton
12-07-2010, 08:14 PM

Yes, thats hard to look at

Thomas Thayer
12-07-2010, 08:46 PM
His wife really must be difficult to live with...

Garry Sorrells
12-08-2010, 08:33 AM
No sissies on roof.
Your neighbor is old school. I can tell from white hair and over weight, looks like me a little. Until resent OSHA requirements with safety harness etc., I seldom used safety lines and harnesses and survived 40 yrs on roofs.(remember it is not the fall that hurts it is the sudden stop) You get use to the height and have a sense of where you are.

Gutter are trauf built into roof. Architect idea to not have gutters seen,other side of coin bad idea on repair and maintenance . Usual copper. Sometimes lead. Seen galvanized in 1940s era due to war.

Fred Comb
12-08-2010, 09:32 AM

Is this neighbor doing something wrong?

Rick Hurst
12-08-2010, 04:14 PM
Its not the fall that will get him. Its the impact.:(

rick

Marc M
03-16-2011, 09:22 PM
Wow, dudes got huge nads... My 6' ladder wont reach that high..:D