PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe this?

Randy Moore
07-22-2007, 12:58 PM
I inspected a new luxury townhome, cost approaching $1M, and was greeted with this - every upstairs BR door wouldn't close - even halfway - due to striking the raised threshold. Photo shows door in "fully closed" position :eek:
OMG.

Jerry Peck
07-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Randy,

Silly you, don't you KNOW those doors are required to remain open for balance air return ... because the builder 'forgot' to install the balance air return ducts.

Those are just 'door stops' to ensure the doors stay open.

;)

Bruce Breedlove
07-22-2007, 01:43 PM
What do those buyers expect for less than $1M? Fully-closing doors are only available in units over $1M.

Richard Rushing
07-22-2007, 02:21 PM
I can hear some ole boys from Mesquite now...

Billy Bob: Hey Jim-Bob... let's go! Beers are-awaitin!!

Jim-Bob: Ok, but I still gotta-stall dem gizmos tween da wud and karput. Duz it mattur whuch way day go???

Billy Bob: Hell-No, ann-I-ainna waitin either. I'm-a goina leave yur azz if you don't hurry.

Jim-Bob: (10 seconds later) Just like sex, I'm dune inna hurry. Let's go. :D

Rick Hurst
07-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Time to pull out the sawzall. :)

Eric Barker
07-22-2007, 03:15 PM
The expensive homes seem to have the most interesting details.

Jimmy Breazeale
07-22-2007, 10:12 PM
Especially condos, it seems. I can think of one 1/2 mil and above complex where sheetrock was used on the underside of balconies, EIFS never got beyond the backer and base coat stage. Those thresholds look like an afterthought, in an attempt to cover up a poor carpet installation.

Travis Grubbs
08-16-2007, 02:33 PM
Eric:

Regarding your picture of the window at the roof eave and gutter, wouldn't that termination allow easier access to the gutter so that it can receive proper maintenance (such as debris removal)? That is one forward looking builder...

Travis

Jerry McCarthy
08-16-2007, 03:00 PM
"We're on it!"
3-S Quality Control