PDA

View Full Version : ranch trusses

John Arnold
07-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Simple 4 year old rancher. Not sure what to make of not-so-simple roof framing.
Could it have anything to do with the fact that the owner works for T. Bros?

Jim Robinson
07-23-2007, 02:41 PM
I agree. The first pic looked like two trusses designed to be stitched together in the middle, much like a double wide or modular. Any other signs of prefab at the place?

John Arnold
07-23-2007, 02:56 PM
I agree. The first pic looked like two trusses designed to be stitched together in the middle, much like a double wide or modular. Any other signs of prefab at the place?
I've never seen this type of framing but I figured it was some kind of "stitching" situation. Does this actually look kosher?
As we say in Philadelphia, I don't "know from" prefab.

Dom D'Agostino
07-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Definitely modular construction.

Jerry Peck
07-23-2007, 03:11 PM
Modular.

That's the two halves where they were married together.

The give away is not only that framing and 'double center', but ... :) that white plastic hanging from the ridge.

These are shipped with the open side covered with white plastic, and the remains of it were left stuck in the wedgie section at the ridge.

Jack Feldmann
07-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Modular

Joseph P. Hagarty
07-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Modular.

That's the two halves where they were married together.

The give away is not only that framing and 'double center', but ... :) that white plastic hanging from the ridge.

These are shipped with the open side covered with white plastic, and the remains of it were left stuck in the wedgie section at the ridge.

Typical of Modular construction.

Agreed.

Rob Thomas
07-29-2007, 10:24 PM
The top chord of every truss is hinged. It isn't "typical" of modular construction, it IS modular construction.

RT

Typical of Modular construction.

Agreed.

Bruce Breedlove
07-29-2007, 11:02 PM
This may be obvious but the trusses on these modulars are hinged so the finished units will have a steeper roof and not look so much like a modular. The trusses are folded down so the unit will be able to pass under bridges, utility lines, etc. during transport and are raised when the unit is set.