PDA

View Full Version : National Cont. Ed Seminars

Matt Fellman
07-23-2007, 09:51 PM
I was going to post this in the education forum but that seems to just be a list of events and I'm more looking to discuss them in general.

I attended a 3 day seminar last fall in Las Vegas put on by Kaplan schools and really got a lot out of it. It's amazing how much info people will share when they're not your direct competition. There is a variety of speakers with a lot of technical stuff, marketing, legal and anything else you can imagine.

I really liked this seminar because of the cafeteria style schedule. There are 4 things going on at the same time so you're not stuck sitting through a class about something you're not interested in.

I just couldn't believe that a trip to Las Vegas was not only my cont. ed for the year but also a tax write-off.... what a country :)

Anyway, have any of you ever attended a national seminar? If so, what did you think about it?

Scott Patterson
07-24-2007, 08:38 AM
I attend InspectionWorld and the Kaplin/ITA show in Vegas every year. Great education and a chance to meet and fellowship with old friends.

Jack Feldmann
07-24-2007, 10:53 AM
I've attended the ASHI conferences for many years and find them both rewarding from the education standpoint, and for the many personal relationships I have developed over the years.

As a side note to Matts comment, I have found that being at a national conference seems to strengthen local relationships, since we are obviously both committed to building our business.
JF