PDA

View Full Version : My first Phase 1 environmental

John Watson
01-02-2011, 11:33 PM
I have been looking to add environmentals to our services and I can't find any licensing requirements for such in this state. Anyhow, I have a client that has scheduled one this week and would like to know of anyone here that has performed one and maybe provide some pointers. I have the forms and software and have read actual reports. From what I've read, they're mostly history reports by site visit and investigating with City records.

Thanks again.

Scott Patterson
01-03-2011, 09:02 AM
Hello fellow inspectors.

I own a very small inspection firm in Texas and perform all the commerical ones myself as that's my specialty, while my other inspector performs the residentials. I have been looking to add phase 1 environmentals to our services and I can't find any licensing requirements for such in this state. Anyhow, I have a client that has scheduled one this week and would like to know of anyone here that has performed one and maybe provide some pointers. I have the forms and software and have read actual reports. From what I've read, they're mostly history reports by site visit and investigating with City records.

Thanks again.

ASTM has an SOP for environmental assessment, you can order it from this site ASTM E1527 -05 Standard Practice for Environmental Site Assessments: Phase I Environmental Site Assessment Process (http://www.astm.org/Standards/E1527.htm)

It will give you just about all of the information that you need to perform a Phase I ESA.

Nolan Kienitz
01-03-2011, 11:27 AM
JW - Where are you located in Texas?

SP's link would be a good starting point.

EmmanuelScanlan
01-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Hello fellow inspectors.

I own a very small inspection firm in Texas and perform all the commerical ones myself as that's my specialty, while my other inspector performs the residentials. I have been looking to add phase 1 environmentals to our services and I can't find any licensing requirements for such in this state. Anyhow, I have a client that has scheduled one this week and would like to know of anyone here that has performed one and maybe provide some pointers. I have the forms and software and have read actual reports. From what I've read, they're mostly history reports by site visit and investigating with City records.

Thanks again.

Email me (I don't answer PM's) with a name and physical address where a load of free documentation relating to this can be sent.

John Watson
01-03-2011, 03:20 PM
Scott,

Just as ASTM has standards for commercial inspections, we don't do them according to those standards because I've found the customer doesn't desire that level of evaluation nor price. We do our own reports according to what the public asks for. I know ASTM has a standard for the Phase 1s also, but again, I've seen reports by established companies deviate the same from ASTM. I already have report templates and am a member of the Environmental Assessment Association. BUT, have not performed one yet and was wondering if any of you have performed them; what to watch out for, and what good sources to get the histories and city data from.

Nolan, I'm in Cenral Texas