PDA

View Full Version : Anyone road bike?

Marc M
01-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Looking to get a new Pinarello FP2 105 but wanted to get someones opinion who has ridden one.

Rick Hurst
01-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Not here! I'm not in the habit of buying 2500.00 bicycles. I did however back over a high dollar bike several years ago after one of those Lance Armstrong wannabe's leaned it against the rear of my truck. Crushed the dog out of it.:D

rick

Marc M
01-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Wow...insurance cover it?

Rick Hurst
01-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Nope.

His wife would not let him attempt to put the blame on myself or file it on my insurance due to him being a idiot and placing it where he did.

He rode it up there and leaned it right against my truck as I had entered my truck. Fool!

rick

John Kogel
01-13-2011, 05:43 PM
He rode it up there and placed it right as I had entered my truck. Fool!

rickI learned not to do that up at the corner store when I was about 12. It was my big brudder's bike. :(

Corn Walker
01-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Looking to get a new Pinarello FP2 105 but wanted to get someones opinion who has ridden one.

Compared to what?

Does your local garage not let you take them for a test spin or do they not have your size in stock?

If you're not riding competitively, it's all about how you feel about the bike anyway. And since you're looking at 105 I'd say you're probably riding more for fitness or recreation. A similar bike both price and performance wise is the Cervélo RS. And of course the big three (Trek, Cannondale, Specialized) also have bikes in that price range that perform comparably.

My suggestion is to get the bike that fits you best. As I always told people (at least the non-copmetitive ones) that would come into the shop, "you can buy a bike 1 lb lighter or you can lose ten lbs, which do you think would make the bigger difference?"

Marc M
01-14-2011, 08:17 AM
I changed my mind about the 105 because the Pinareallo Sram is astep up. I wasnt really comparing it to any other. My budget is $2600 and the Biancai Sempre was my second choice. But I believe the Pin sram carbon is only 18 lbs total wieght
Trek, Cannondale, Specialized are all available locally al;so, but I tend to gravitate towards the european bikes.

brian schmitt
01-14-2011, 09:21 AM
for those kind of prices i thought you were talking about something with a motor! i prefer a motor ,bicycles are dangerous and can give you testicle cancer:D ask lance!

Marc M
01-14-2011, 11:07 PM
for those kind of prices i thought you were talking about something with a motor! i prefer a motor ,bicycles are dangerous and can give you testicle cancer:D ask lance!

I do, actually. Race motocross, KTM 250 SXF in Vet INT class. Road biking and running actually allows me to race longer in like grand Prix for example. Those old guys fall off like flys in 20 minutes.:D
What area of Cali you in?

Marc M
01-18-2011, 08:02 PM
I have a friend who has a steel frame and it weighs 1.5 Lbs. Way lighter than most carbon bike frames. I went and pulled the trigger on the FP2 but in the SRAM model, not the 105. Slightly better components.

Corn Walker
01-18-2011, 09:22 PM
I have a friend who has a steel frame and it weighs 1.5 Lbs. Way lighter than most carbon bike frames.

Really? I've never seen a steel frame that light, even a custom frame. Lightest I've seen is 2.2lbs.

Marc M
01-18-2011, 09:24 PM
Yea, crazy huh? I lifted it thinking it was gonna be an anchor. But was I surprised. I just cant get into the look of steel. I did hear it handles awsome, however.