PDA

View Full Version : ICC Reinforced concrete and ACI???

Michael Evans
01-20-2011, 04:06 PM
I am taking the ICC exam for concrete special inspector tomorrow. But I have a question about the requirements to get the certificate and the associates certificate.

ICC web site says; 1: Pass ICC then, 2: get ACI by submitting work experience affidavits to get the certificate. Then to achieve the associates certificate I have up to 6 years to get ACI Grade 1 cert from ACI, after which all I got to do is submit the ACI grade 1 cert to ICC to get the ICC associates cert. Right?

I already have my ACI grade 1 certificate. I am taking my ICC exam tomorrow. If I pass my ICC tomorrow do I still have to submit my work affidavits to ACI or can I just submit my current cert from ACI without all the paper work and get the ICC assoiciates?

I have tried to contact ICC... referred to web site...no help. Contacted ACI and she basically just read me what was on the web site and did not answer any questions. I just want to do the least amount of paperwork as possible without doing it over and over again.

Jerry Peck
01-20-2011, 09:58 PM
From your post, you need:

ICC web site says;
- 1: Pass ICC then,
- 2: get ACI

- Then to achieve the associates certificate .. get ACI Grade 1 cert from ACI
- after which all I got to do is submit the ACI grade 1 cert to ICC to get the ICC associates cert.

You say you already have:

I already have my ACI grade 1 certificate.

And that:

I am taking my ICC exam tomorrow.

My take on what you stated above:
- You already have 2 above.
- You need to get 1 above.

Seems to me that would meet what you are saying they are asking for: 1 & 2 above.