PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy Radon Monitor?

Jerry Harcek
02-02-2011, 02:47 PM
I've been researching for a little while now, and haven't turned up much in the way of continuous radon monitor retailers.

I see posts referencing 1027's going for ~$500 new, but maybe those are outdated deals, because the best I've found is around $600, the same price from either Sun Nuclear or Environmental Solutions (I believe). Haven't seen much on Ebay, and it would have to be a great deal IMO to make up for the added cost of calibration and associated shipping.

Anyone know of any other options?

Thanks!

- Jerry

Bruce Breedlove
02-02-2011, 03:44 PM
If you buy a used CRM don't forget to figure in the cost of recalibration (if the unit has not been calibrated within the last year). Calibration will cost you about $150 (including S/H both ways).

Ken Rowe
02-02-2011, 11:30 PM
RadStar Continuous Radon Monitors (http://www.accustarlabs.com/radon-testing-product-specifications/rad-star-continuous-radon-monitors.aspx)

Jerry Harcek
02-03-2011, 02:12 PM
Radstar so far is not very impressive - no prices listed on their website, and no response to my emailed price request.

Scott Patterson
02-03-2011, 02:54 PM
I've been researching for a little while now, and haven't turned up much in the way of continuous radon monitor retailers.

I see posts referencing 1027's going for ~$500 new, but maybe those are outdated deals, because the best I've found is around $600, the same price from either Sun Nuclear or Environmental Solutions (I believe). Haven't seen much on Ebay, and it would have to be a great deal IMO to make up for the added cost of calibration and associated shipping.

Anyone know of any other options?

Thanks!

- Jerry

A new 1027 from SN will cost you about $600. Last week at InsepctionWorld they had them for $500 if you ordered it at the show. These are already calibrated when you buy them from SN.

I picked one up this past summer from an add over on TIJ for $300 with a carrying case and it was only a year old. Cost me another $150 for calibration and it has already made about $2,500! Not a bad return for my investment.