PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Florida, New member great site

Bradley MacFarland
02-04-2011, 08:31 AM
I have taken the nachi exam for membership and in Florida have to take the proctored exam from NHIE. My question is are they similar or one harder than the other? What is covered?:confused:

Ted Menelly
02-04-2011, 09:45 AM
I have taken the nachi exam for membership and in Florida have to take the proctored exam from NHIE. My question is are they similar or one harder than the other? What is covered?:confused:

Unless you have experience you should take a prep class before the exam. They usually schedule them a day or 2 before the exam.

The National Home Inspectors Exam is a lot harder and more in depth than the NACHI exam.

Florida is still suffering its worse housing market in decades. Just curious on why you would be getting into the home inspection business at this time?

Billy Stephens
02-04-2011, 07:49 PM
Florida is still suffering its worse housing market in decades. Just curious on why you would be getting into the home inspection business at this time?
Said the Man Snowed in. :D

Ted Menelly
02-05-2011, 01:15 PM
Said the Man Snowed in. :D

Mostly melted down on the roads today and by the end of the day it should be gone, on the street that is.

Scott Patterson
02-05-2011, 02:38 PM

Pretty much as Ted said... The NACHI exam is a very simple quiz like exam and the NHIE is an in depth exam that test your recall knowledge of systems in the home.

Over on the EBPHI site they now offer a series of specialized exams (25 questions each) that you can use to test your knowledge of specific systems in a home. I think they now have 3 up and running with 5 more being developed and launched over the next year. PSI Online - One stop Solution for Test Takers for EBPHI (http://candidate.psiexams.com/practicetest/practicetest_testselection.jsp?catalogid=500&frompage=&prev_page=/practicetest/practicetest_stateselection.jsp)

Bradley MacFarland
02-05-2011, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the info guys appreciate it very much. As to your question Ted I have been in various types of construcion for 32 years or so and recently laid off supervisor and wife has been an R.E. appraiser for 15 yrs with many contacts (R.E. Banks and what not) . Expand her bus. to inspections as well

Stuart Brooks
02-06-2011, 04:08 PM

Kind of like the difference between 3rd grade math quiz and SAT Math test. Plus the NHIE is not open book, and you can't Google question subjects while you take the test. It is a proctored test taken at a testing facility.