PDA

View Full Version : New type Hangar for Dryer Duct ?

Sal Castro
02-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Here is a new idea for supporting a dryer duct.
A nearby electrical bx line wound into a loop.

Bruce King
02-13-2011, 09:33 PM
I hope that is not a dryer duct........but you know that already I hope.

Bill Hetner
02-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Sal sorry to say but that is not earth shattering nor is it worth posting. Yes it is not done right but we really want to see strange or things that you need help with. no offence but that was too easy and straight forward and not worth posting.

Chris Roth
02-14-2011, 05:41 AM

I hope you wrote up the defect of this dryer duct!? I'm sure the report was IAW the current IMC Codes!? If not I have attached a copy:

Good catch Sal!!

Markus Keller
02-14-2011, 06:54 AM
And ...
- the electric line laying on the copper pipe
- is that plywood/osb between the 2x sill plate and block, any signs of rot or water intrusion?
- what's the point of the insulation scraps, when the floor isn't insulated, did you feel any breezes, siding issues?

Sal Castro
02-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Yes, I wrote it up with an added note about unnecessary heat and stress on the wiring as well. Easy fix.

Just thought I would post it to give some a little chuckle.

Sal Castro
02-14-2011, 07:07 AM
And ...
- the electric line laying on the copper pipe
- is that plywood/osb between the 2x sill plate and block, any signs of rot or water intrusion?
- what's the point of the insulation scraps, when the floor isn't insulated, did you feel any breezes, siding issues?

no osb, no rot. They had put an extension and crawlspace behind that original 1950 foundation wall so i guess they felt the need for insulation.

Scott Patterson
02-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Sal sorry to say but that is not earth shattering nor is it worth posting. Yes it is not done right but we really want to see strange or things that you need help with. no offence but that was too easy and straight forward and not worth posting.

I hope this is a tongue n cheek comment.....

Dana Bostick
02-14-2011, 07:40 AM

Yep, not right. Very creative! But of course the dryer flex should not be there in the first place.

Luc V. L.
02-14-2011, 10:49 AM
There should be rigid metal ducting in that space supported every 4'. Much less friction and more sturdy than the flex vinyl.

mike huntzinger
02-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Along with Luc commit it is also a fire issue with the vinyal flex duct

Inspector 3500
02-14-2011, 12:31 PM
It's also an electrical code violation to support anything from the conduit unless its associated with wiring within.