PDA

View Full Version : Need copy of IV4 manual

Marc M
02-27-2011, 10:05 AM
Can someone post the user manual for IV 4 please? I cant use the 8.1.1 Adobe version necessary to view it.
Grazie!

Gunnar Alquist
02-27-2011, 11:41 AM
Can someone post the user manual for IV 4 please? I cant use the 8.1.1 Adobe version necessary to view it.
Grazie!

Ummm... IV 4? :confused:

Marc M
02-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Dont ask...this whole report software thing is a total cluster.:mad:

Jack Feldmann
02-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Let me see if I can figure out the way to do this.

Jack Feldmann
02-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Hope this works
File is too big to attach.

H.G. Watson, Sr.
02-27-2011, 01:17 PM
Marc M & Jack F,

Perhaps you could upload it to an account you create at google docs &/or gmail, then gmail to Marc M. to his gmail account, or perhaps a shared link to google docs, PM a link to same...might that work?

IIRC google docs/gmail viewer works on .pdf files up to 10MB, and if I'm still recalling things correctly, you don't have to d/l or be compatible with google chrome to use it.

If the file is larger than 10MB and you have the file on your HD Marc M, There are other alternatives if you have an older Windows OS...Try googling "viable alternatives to adobe acrobat reader" or "Free alteratives to Adobe Acrobat"

Here's an emagzin article on just some such (free) alternatives: Viable Alternatives to Adobe Acrobat Reader | eMagzin | Lifestyle, Food and Drinks, Gadgets and Toys, Automobiles, People, Social Closet, Travel, Tutorials and Inspiration (http://www.emagzin.com/featured/viable-alternatives-to-adobe-acrobat-reader/)

Jack Feldmann
02-27-2011, 03:36 PM
It a little over 3MB. I PM'd Marc to get his e-mail.
Marc,
Went to your web site to try to find your e-mail but could not find it there.
I grew up in the SF Valley. :-)
You must have been very busy to get over 10,000 inspections done in only 12 years. I've been at it for 22 and don't think I'm at 10,000 yet.

H.G. Watson, Sr.
02-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Curious if what is talked about in this thread at TIJ is true (security)...Very unhappy with InspectVue - The Inspector's Journal Forums (http://www.inspectorsjournal.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=11459)

Jack Feldmann
02-27-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm kind of curious about that too. Lorne was always helpful to me when he was with IV. Can't say the same for the new people.
I never switched from 4, so I haven't had the problems that others have that went to 5.
I have tried other software, and haven't really found any that would transfer the IV libraries over intact. Some had horrible transfer issues.
I'm still looking for a replacement.

Tim Spargo
02-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Marc,

Adobe said that there was an update and I foolishly jumped in on my lil tablet and IV had fallen apart.. Similar?

Find a copy of 9.4 somewhere, that's what I did and it worked again. I used dropbox and finished report on other comp... it still has a version of 9.4, it worked and I went backwards from there.

BTW, just pulled up Manual from the Help drop down in 9.4 version.

I went to preview/publish a report on Thurs? and "poof"... nuttin.

Anyway.. good luck bud!

Ted Menelly
02-27-2011, 09:58 PM
It a little over 3MB. I PM'd Marc to get his e-mail.
Marc,
Went to your web site to try to find your e-mail but could not find it there.
I grew up in the SF Valley. :-)
You must have been very busy to get over 10,000 inspections done in only 12 years. I've been at it for 22 and don't think I'm at 10,000 yet.

It is only 16 a week, 52 weeks a year for 12 years. I don't see what the problem is :confused:

What's that song.... 8 days a week

Ted Menelly
02-27-2011, 10:01 PM
Marc,

Adobe said that there was an update and I foolishly jumped in on my lil tablet and IV had fallen apart.. Similar?

Find a copy of 9.4 somewhere, that's what I did and it worked again. I used dropbox and finished report on other comp... it still has a version of 9.4, it worked and I went backwards from there.

BTW, just pulled up Manual from the Help drop down in 9.4 version.

I went to preview/publish a report on Thurs? and "poof"... nuttin.

Anyway.. good luck bud!

I hate adobe

I use Nuance PDF Converter Pro 7. I have never had a problem with PDFs and other software since I stopped using Adobe ..... yearssssssssssssssss ago.

Peter Hawley
02-28-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm kind of curious about that too. Lorne was always helpful to me when he was with IV. Can't say the same for the new people.
I never switched from 4, so I haven't had the problems that others have that went to 5.
I have tried other software, and haven't really found any that would transfer the IV libraries over intact. Some had horrible transfer issues.
I'm still looking for a replacement.

Lorne is supposed to be coming out with a replacement soon. But he has to build from scratch since ESP or Porter Valley Software owns the rights to the old program. Give him some time and we all can bail out of ESP, and what a piece of $&!t company that is. The owner actuall had the balls to call me and threatened me when I simply asked them to honor their warranty. I promise to never buy PV software again, they just got a loan for over 200 million dollars from a finance company, but claim they have no money to fix the program bugs. Had to go back to V4 because V5 is slowly melting down. Now ESP is asking all of us to join their Home Inspector Foundation (HIF) so they can steal more money from us and do nothing.

Ted Menelly
02-28-2011, 07:37 PM
200,000,000.00.....given to a home inspection software company..........I think they may be selling a bit more than home inspection software......200,000,000.00 devided by even a 1,000 per client is 200,000 clients to sell their program to.

Marc M
02-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks guys , Ted S. sent it to me. Ted, Im not going to use the Adobe to generate the report so i'm not worried. I loaded 9.4-8.1.1, none of them worked. The whole software program is jacked up and worthless. Were so busy now anyway, we dont have time to work on a new program. Anyhow, unitl something better comes along, it's all I have. I scraped the IV5, just too many problems. Plus they put it on the shelf for a while.

Marc M
02-28-2011, 07:57 PM
200,000,000.00.....given to a home inspection software company..........I think they may be selling a bit more than home inspection software......200,000,000.00 devided by even a 1,000 per client is 200,000 clients to sell their program to.

They are actually a mold remediation company...or something like that.