PDA

View Full Version : framing/sheetrock against panel cover

Randall Clark
03-07-2011, 06:45 PM
Addition built in 2002 and permits on file. Maybe something changed after addition was built. They left one screw out at the upper left so the cover can be removed.

Billy Stephens
03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Addition built in 2002 and permits on file. Maybe something changed after addition was built. They left one screw out at the upper left so the cover can be removed.
Screw or no screw required working space of 30 X 36 inches in front of the Panel is not present .

Scott Patterson
03-07-2011, 07:36 PM

The insulation is also wrong.......

Randall Clark
03-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Screw or no screw required working space of 30 X 36 inches in front of the Panel is not present .

I know. Very nice set up.

Garry Sorrells
03-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Panel went in and permit signed off. Then framing and sheet rock went up. Needed to be one bay to right. Electricians do not typically care where they put things unless it is spelled out for them and some one follows behind to make sure. Most trades just don't care what the next has to do. They figure that the next guy will figure it out. Possible just poor planning by the contractor.

John Arnold
03-08-2011, 07:27 AM

Upside down, right?

Scott Patterson
03-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Upside down, right?

The Kraft paper is exposed. The fine print on the paper says that it must not be exposed as it is a fire hazard.

John Arnold
03-08-2011, 07:40 AM
The Kraft paper is exposed. The fine print on the paper says that it must not be exposed as it is a fire hazard.

I was joking, of course. And I will continue to:

The reason it's wrong for it to be upside down is that you can't read "The fine print on the paper...(that) says that it must not be exposed as it is a fire hazard".

Scott Patterson
03-08-2011, 07:47 AM
I was joking, of course. And I will continue to:

The reason it's wrong for it to be upside down is that you can't read "The fine print on the paper...(that) says that it must not be exposed as it is a fire hazard".

Sorry!! My allergies and the fact that we are out of coffee at the house, has taken my humor detector away for the day! :)

John Kogel
03-08-2011, 09:14 AM
They can do worse than that. Here's one I found last week.

Jerry Peck
03-08-2011, 04:59 PM

Depends on one's intent ... ;)

If the intent is to leave easily combustible material next to the electrical panel to increase the chance of fire to burn the house down and collect the insurance money ... :)

ken horak
03-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Panel went in and permit signed off. Then framing and sheet rock went up. Needed to be one bay to right. Electricians do not typically care where they put things unless it is spelled out for them and some one follows behind to make sure. Most trades just don't care what the next has to do. They figure that the next guy will figure it out. Possible just poor planning by the contractor.

Oh How Easy it is to sit back and blindly throw darts and make blanket statements when on does not have the information needed to make such statements :(

Garry Sorrells
03-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Oh How Easy it is to sit back and blindly throw darts and make blanket statements when on does not have the information needed to make such statements :(

Yes it's easy. Work with what you see and what your told. Then use 35 yrs experience. May be wrong, but have seen same thing happening many times. The scenario follows a pattern that repeats.