PDA

View Full Version : Stucco dormer wall corner flashing diargam

Michael Thomas
03-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Does anyone have a link to a diagram of how this should have been done?

Thanks

Michael Derrick
03-23-2011, 09:52 AM
Does anyone have a link to a diagram of how this should have been done?

Thanks

it looks like hardy board / cement board. or possibly asbestos siding.
the buildings I have done with cement board siding calls for a trim board that goes over the step flashing and stays about 3/4" above the roof shingles. then another flashing on top of that for the siding to go over.

not sure if that was code or the architects design, but it looked great when it was done.

Mike

H.G. Watson, Sr.
03-23-2011, 10:57 AM
Is this the picture you intended to post?

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/attachments/exterior-systems-home-inspection-commercial-inspection/21642-stucco-dormer-wall-corner-flashing-diargam-p1150059.jpg

If so, I'm having difficulty finding the "stucco dormer wall".

Do you want sloped roofing/valley/sidewall flashing/counterflashing detail with cant strips, kickout flashings, etc.; "no-no" details for dead valleys; or some other detail (such as outside corner wall drainage system details behind stucco, stucco to other finish systems, transitions, etc.?

Michael Thomas
03-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Sorry, brain fade, I was writing a report comment for a stucco wall right before I posted that, its HDF siding.

Fred Comb
03-24-2011, 06:45 AM
Check hardboard manufacturers installation instructions

John Kogel
03-24-2011, 09:34 AM
Sorry, brain fade, I was writing a report comment for a stucco wall right before I posted that, its HDF siding.Sorry, Brainfade. :D:D

You can fix a thread title in the 'go advanced' section. FWIW

Michael Thomas
03-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Sorry, Brain Fade. :D:D

You can fix a thread title in the 'go advanced' section. FWIW

Looks like it changes the title for the current post, not the thread.

John Kogel
03-24-2011, 07:24 PM
Looks like it changes the title for the current post, not the thread.Yes, I see that.

BARRY ADAIR
03-25-2011, 05:17 AM
See a bypass corner flashing (modified step) used often with various sidings. Doctored this diagram to represent my description...