PDA

View Full Version : Inspector wanted

mathew stouffer
04-06-2011, 09:54 PM
What has been a good approach for hiring inspectors. Any thoughts for those of you who have guys working for you?

John Kogel
04-06-2011, 10:42 PM
What has been a good approach for hiring inspectors?For starters, quit posting all the horrendous defect pictures. That stuff is too scary for me. :D

Is there a local association with a list of associate members? You want a new guy that is not well established (hungry), but smart enough and well trained and good looking and drives a clean vehicle. And he's trustworthy and won't steal your best contacts and undercut your prices. One guy in ten will be about right. JMO. Can you guarantee a minimum # jobs?

mathew stouffer
04-07-2011, 05:48 AM
Yeah 5 to 8 a week, average 250 a job

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
04-07-2011, 04:57 PM
is $250 a percentage inspector gets from full price?? or does hi get full price??
cvf

Randy Aldering
04-08-2011, 12:23 PM
Average only $250.00? It would need to be a minimum $300.00 per job to be worth-while.

mathew stouffer
04-09-2011, 04:20 PM
I was thinking 60/40 split. The average inspection here is 500 to 600. There are a lot of very large houses around here. Check out the roof on this place.

Ted Menelly
04-09-2011, 04:37 PM
I was thinking 60/40 split. The average inspection here is 500 to 600. There are a lot of very large houses around here. Check out the roof on this place.

Are those you foot prints thru the snow on that roof ??????

If so, what exactly were you looking for? The view around you or were you measuring the depth of the snow?

mathew stouffer
04-09-2011, 05:36 PM
The chimney caps one was damaged and leaking. Wanted to check it out. Each one probably cost ten grand, I didnt want to pay for it.

Rick Cantrell
04-09-2011, 06:09 PM
The chimney caps one was damaged and leaking. Wanted to check it out. Each one probably cost ten grand, I didnt want to pay for it.

You have me beat

Eric Barker
04-10-2011, 07:04 AM
I don't have, or what, anyone working for me. But if I was to look for someone, one of the things I'd want to evaluate would be previously written reports by the applicant. This would tell me how well the inspector can write, his/her use of terminology and ability to describe and recommend as well as their understanding of systems and components.

The second aspect that I'd be concerned with is trustworthiness, honestly and integrity. If I can ever figure out how to quickly & accurately assess that second part then I'll really have something to market and retiring from H.I.ing will be immediate.

Paul Kondzich
08-15-2012, 05:52 PM

Why worry about the chimney cap when the rest of the roof is invisible ?