PDA

View Full Version : Like I know from Art?

Dan Cullen
04-23-2011, 06:49 PM
This mess was found on top of the garage across a narrow (3'0") gangway from the home I was inspecting. I noted it in the report as a possible collapse hazard and suggested that the local code authorities be notified.

Both agents, listing and buying, were ticked off and told me that the accumulation of bumpers on the roof was 'sculpture'. I asked them if the trees growing out of that mess were part of the exhibit and if it was indeed art...well, how does the owner of the home maintain the roof?

What a nutty real estate world we live in!

Ted Menelly
04-23-2011, 07:14 PM
This mess was found on top of the garage across a narrow (3'0") gangway from the home I was inspecting. I noted it in the report as a possible collapse hazard and suggested that the local code authorities be notified.

Both agents, listing and buying, were ticked off and told me that the accumulation of bumpers on the roof was 'sculpture'. I asked them if the trees growing out of that mess were part of the exhibit and if it was indeed art...well, how does the owner of the home maintain the roof?

What a nutty real estate world we live in!

Some fool called it sculpture and some other fools artists agreed how great it was and the Realtors bought right into it. All that steel on a flat roof I would have called for an evaluation and if they told me it was a sculpture I would have snickered and said .... Yeah, Right.

John Kogel
04-23-2011, 09:36 PM
It's only 'art' til the price of steel goes up. Then it becomes 'collateral'. :D

Jerry Peck
04-24-2011, 11:18 AM
It may be 'art' if it is welded together and properly attached to a properly designed supporting structure, but what you show is what we, down here, call ...

... "wind borne debris" and is why windows need to be protected with shutters or be impact resistant.:D

Phil Houck
04-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Of course the realtor called it art. They have a commision to protect.