PDA

View Full Version : IV4 question

Marc M
05-05-2011, 07:41 AM
What does this button do-how do you use it?? "Add as new"...

And does anyone know what is "orphaned picture text" in the general print options.
Thanks

Jack Feldmann
05-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Did you try to call tech support? Tom has been very helpful.

Marc M
05-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Did you try to call tech support? Tom has been very helpful.

Naaa, not as of yet. I thought i'd get a quicker response here.

Tim Spargo
05-10-2011, 07:55 PM
It adds a new comment while copying the contents of the current narrative that you're working in!

Example.. you have comment that you use...

"Tim is a great guy" being the Summary Narrative (Title at top line)

With the full narrative being, "Tim is a great guy, but he gets so busy he loses his mind on a regular basis.."

You click the arrow'd icon... It can now add a new comment with the same/copied narrative but allow to you tweak your current comment as well as alter the Summary narrative/title.

You could now add that "and to boot, he gets tempted to chuck his cell phone across the crawlspace (what few we have... I get them all) when he stops what he's doing and answer's the phone, finding a salesperson wants him to buy something"

So you're working in IV4 now are ya.. you'll probably pull your hair out a little less anyway than using 5.

Jack is correct.. Tom is helpful when possible, but I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Marc M
05-10-2011, 08:51 PM
It adds a new comment while copying the contents of the current narrative that you're working in!

Example.. you have comment that you use...

"Tim is a great guy" being the Summary Narrative (Title at top line)

With the full narrative being, "Tim is a great guy, but he gets so busy he loses his mind on a regular basis.."

You click the arrow'd icon... It can now add a new comment with the same/copied narrative but allow to you tweak your current comment as well as alter the Summary narrative/title.

You could now add that "and to boot, he gets tempted to chuck his cell phone across the crawlspace (what few we have... I get them all) when he stops what he's doing and answer's the phone, finding a salesperson wants him to buy something"

So you're working in IV4 now are ya.. you'll probably pull your hair out a little less anyway than using 5.

Jack is correct.. Tom is helpful when possible, but I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Mr Spargo,
How's it going buddy? Yes, I went back to the 4. I wasnt able to find a program that fits what I'm used to. I didnt know you had homes out yander that were old enough to have crawlspaces. We do here, but I suppose like your area, only a few. Hey thanks for helping me witht he button, it works well. I have a POS to do so i will try it out. I'll have to come out there and hook up with you for a Starbucks or something.