PDA

View Full Version : Another "New Kid in Town"

Fern Portelance
05-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Greetings All,

New Home Inspector here from Northern Ontario, Canada. Just completed college courses for home inspection and shadowed a Home Inspector I know for about 10 inspections. Prior to that I have some earlier work experience in construction, (mostly framing) and several years in Heating, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration. Currently full-time employed in transportation (railway, as a Teamster - Locomotive Engineer). Will retire soon (7 yrs) so I am starting Home Inspection as a business for retirement. (55 is too young to be doing nothing) I am also W.E.T.T. certified for wood burning appliance insurrance inspections. I am in a unique situation as where I am I will be the only game in town. No inspectors around me for a couple hundred miles. Looking forward to getting advice from all the experience there is on this site. Till later.

Fern.

Bill Barnes
05-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Fern,

First off, welcome to the wild and wonderful world of HI. All I can offer is please do not let Mr. Holmes ever follow your inspection because no matter how far we get away from the defined scope of a home inspection, with him it never seems to be far enough.

Blue Skies and Green Lights to ya!

Bill

Ted Menelly
05-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Greetings All,

New Home Inspector here from Northern Ontario, Canada. Just completed college courses for home inspection and shadowed a Home Inspector I know for about 10 inspections. Prior to that I have some earlier work experience in construction, (mostly framing) and several years in Heating, Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration. Currently full-time employed in transportation (railway, as a Teamster - Locomotive Engineer). Will retire soon (7 yrs) so I am starting Home Inspection as a business for retirement. (55 is too young to be doing nothing) I am also W.E.T.T. certified for wood burning appliance insurrance inspections. I am in a unique situation as where I am I will be the only game in town. No inspectors around me for a couple hundred miles. Looking forward to getting advice from all the experience there is on this site. Till later.

Fern.

Very unique situation for sure. I hate to tell you this but I just pulled up a map of your home town. Not only will you be the only home inspector in a couple hundred miles but what the satellite map show is you have the only home in a couple hundred miles

Gonna be tough getting to work unless you have a helicopter or a beaming device to get you anywhere near a populated area.

Fern Portelance
05-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks Bill. I am sure Holmes never heard of Chapleau, Ontario (thankfully). Ted that was hilarious. We are isolated but there are a few more houses than that. My wife spent 5 minutes on the floor in a laughing fit after I read that to her.

Fern

Ron Bibler
05-24-2011, 08:54 AM
Thanks Bill. I am sure Holmes never heard of Chapleau, Ontario (thankfully). Ted that was hilarious. We are isolated but there are a few more houses than that. My wife spent 5 minutes on the floor in a laughing fit after I read that to her.

Fern

Welcome to the best Home Inspection information website on the Net.

Best

Ron
www.santarosavideo.com