PDA

View Full Version : Is this particular Federal Pacific panel as notorious as the Federal Pacific “Stablok

Gene South
06-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Found this panel at an inspection today. Is this particular Federal Pacific panel as notorious as the Federal Pacific “Stablok” panels? I have checked some online material and most issues point to the FPE “Stablok” panel and breakers. What about this panel I found today? Is it considered to be a hazard as the Stablok? See photos.

Nolan Kienitz
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM
FPE is FPE.

I hope you noted the loose, stranded wires that were not gunned down under the screw.

Gene South
06-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Nolan, yes. I did. Thanks. There were several things going on with this panel, in addition to being FPE.

Appreciate the input,

Gene

John Kogel
06-07-2011, 09:29 PM
I think those are Stab-Lok breakers. It appears to be a split-bus panel with the odd shaped sockets on the buses.
Besides the stray wire that 60 amp breaker has a little crack where somebody was clumsy with the screwdriver.

Lou Romano
06-19-2011, 06:06 AM
This is a 3-section split bus Stab-Lok panel! Besides the obvious things you and others have stated did you also call out that it is in a closet?

James Duffin
06-19-2011, 06:43 AM
I had forgotten that those breakers are only rated a 40 degrees centigrade. There is not even a 40 degree chart in the wiring table anymore.