PDA

View Full Version : Agents don't want to replace wet drywall

Bob Ozbirn
06-20-2011, 09:21 AM
Found this wet drywall under a vanity. Turns out the condensate lines were leaking behind the wall. Now the agents are teaming up wanting me to say it's OK not to pull the vanity out and replace the drywall below the base.

James Duffin
06-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Found this wet drywall under a vanity. Turns out the condensate lines were leaking behind the wall. Now the agents are teaming up wanting me to say it's OK not to pull the vanity out and replace the drywall below the base.

Are you considering doing what they ask?

Bob Ozbirn
06-20-2011, 09:35 AM
Of course not!! The sellers agent called me this morning and told me that it was dry now. I said well it may look dry but the gypsum is still holding moisture. She said, "It's dry, I was just there this morning."

Rick Cantrell
06-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Of course not!! The sellers agent called me this morning and told me that it was dry now. I said well it may look dry but the gypsum is still holding moisture. She said, "It's dry, I was just there this morning."

Bob
Tell the agent(s) that you reported the condition it was in AT THE TIME OF INSPECTION

James Duffin
06-20-2011, 11:01 AM

Didn't think so but had to ask.

Eric Barker
06-20-2011, 11:25 AM
Whether or not there is moisture in the board is irrelevant. Even if the board is absolutely dry and never gets wet/damp again, it still has the mold and dormant/dead mold can release spores.

Nick Ostrowski
06-20-2011, 12:11 PM
Who cares what the agents want. What matters is what the buyer wants.

John Kogel
06-20-2011, 01:03 PM
If fixing that properly is such a big deal, maybe they should find the clients a better house.

Scott Patterson
06-20-2011, 02:01 PM

The homeowners insurance should cover it since it was caused by a condensation leak. Heck, I can see mold in your photo so you can only imagine what the backside of the drywall looks like.

The drywall needs to be removed and replaced.

Jerry Peck
06-20-2011, 05:05 PM
Call the agents and tell them 'No problems, I just called the client and told them they did not have to worry about that drywall behind the vanities ... that both the selling agent and the listing agent said they would kick their full commissions in to the cover the cost ... ' (pause while the screaming goes on) 'Oh, you mean you do NOT want me to tell the client that?' (pause for more screaming) 'Okay, then the drywall stays in the report, I knew you would see it that way. Bye.' (hang up the phone and wait for a call back).

:D

Randy Aldering
06-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Who cares what the agents want. What matters is what the buyer wants.

Not a better response to be stated.