PDA

View Full Version : New Inspector With FHA questions

Daniel Ramirez
07-22-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm a new inspector in CA and I get the constant question from realtors if I'm a FHA inspector. I say no, then they go on to tell me that they cant use me for any of their FHA loans... I'm confused, I think their wrong / misguided, all the research I pull up is the opposite, but I need proof to convince them they can use me... (I think...) Please help, I'm loosing a lot of business!:(

Jerry DiGiovanni
07-25-2011, 08:46 PM
There's no such thing as an FHA certified inspector as angents call them.
That only applies to FHA certified appraisers. Any agent that tells you different is full of crap.
On an FHA loan the buyer can use any inspector they so choose.

Jerry DiGiovanni

Marc M
07-26-2011, 07:27 PM
That only applies to FHA certified appraisers. Any agent that tells you different is full of crap.

Jerry DiGiovanni

I agree, full of crap.

Marc M
07-26-2011, 07:28 PM

Jerry DiGiovanni
Oh yea, Jerrys correct...

Mike Inspector
07-28-2011, 07:54 AM
There are FHA fee roster inspectors that do inspections. To be funded by a FHA loan the inspection must meet FHA guidlines and/or be done by a FHA fee roster inspector.

Only a FHA fee roster inspector can do FHA CIRs also

Jim Hintz
07-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Jerry said it best - Realtors are full of C R A P ! The other thing about FHA/VA funded loans is that the lenders cannot require a home inspection as a condition of the loan, only a pest inspection that relates to insects can be required.... Another thing I get a kick out of is when a lender calls and asks for page 2 of the NPMA 33 FHA/VA Wood destroying Insect form. When they do, it tells me they (lender) hasn't done many FHA/VA loans because it is a "read-only" sheet. If they've seen it once that should do it for most underwriters with a pea-sized brain. :D

Mike Inspector
07-29-2011, 08:13 PM
Jerry said it best - Realtors are full of C R A P ! The other thing about FHA/VA funded loans is that the lenders cannot require a home inspection as a condition of the loan, only a pest inspection that relates to insects can be required.... Another thing I get a kick out of is when a lender calls and asks for page 2 of the NPMA 33 FHA/VA Wood destroying Insect form. When they do, it tells me they (lender) hasn't done many FHA/VA loans because it is a "read-only" sheet. If they've seen it once that should do it for most underwriters with a pea-sized brain. :D

FHA has requirements on their loans. Certain things MUST be in place and working. If these things are NOT in place or working the loan will not fund until they are. I do about 100 of these inspections and CIR's a year.

Jim Hintz
07-30-2011, 09:02 AM
FHA has requirements on their loans. Certain things MUST be in place and working. If these things are NOT in place or working the loan will not fund until they are. I do about 100 of these inspections and CIR's a year.The SOP's generally exceed the FHA conditions, CA may be different.

Rick Bunzel
07-31-2011, 12:20 PM
If they require a FHA compliance inspection then they will need a FHA inspector. Those are rarely ask for however we do see them in conjunction with manufactured homes. I have been a FHA/HUD inspector for 8 years and in normal buyers transactions this type of inspection rarely comes up. One way we filter out those that need a compliance inspection is by asking what type of FHA form they will need completed. If its a 92051 form then that's a compliance inspection.

//Rick