PDA

View Full Version : Foam Ceiling Tiles?

Scott Dana
08-08-2007, 12:42 PM
I came across these ceiling tiles in a bathroom yesterday. There were soft to touch, not rigid, interlocked, and felt like foam. House was 60+ years old but the bathroom had been remodeled more recently.

Any of you know what this stuff is? I told my client that it may be hiding some ceiling issues.

Jim Luttrall
08-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Yeah, it is foam ceiling tile, but I have not seen any installed recently. I am guessing it is more than 15 years old.
I would think is would be really bad stuff in the event of fire and I will bet it hides a damaged ceiling.
It is not installed because it looks good!
Jim

William Mize
08-09-2007, 06:37 AM
Yes it is foam ceiling tiles. Several lumber yards carry them. The ones I used are fire rated and easy to put up. It certainly beats the heck out of scraping the sprayed junk off and finishing the ceiling.

I know someone may pound on me for using them, but that is wat my wife wanted and peace and harmony is very valuable.:)

BARRY ADAIR
08-09-2007, 07:38 AM
Yes it is foam ceiling tiles. Several lumber yards carry them. The ones I used are fire rated and easy to put up. It certainly beats the heck out of scraping the sprayed junk off and finishing the ceiling.

I know someone may pound on me for using them, but that is wat my wife wanted and peace and harmony is very valuable.:)

Bill,

Down here we say, "If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy."

Rick Hurst
08-09-2007, 08:49 AM
and when momma is happy, I'm not because it has cost me big time. :)