PDA

View Full Version : nice job!

John Dirks Jr
08-21-2011, 03:05 PM
Some nice electrical pics from a recent inspection.

The first one gives literal meaning to "cutting corners"

The second one was the supply for a basement bathroom on a wet concrete floor with no ground and no GFI. They also stuck the wires into the receptacle in reversed polarity configuration. Its the quadrafecta.....

John Arnold
08-21-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm guessing the "electrician" didn't live long enough to stick that equipment ground in its hole.

Jerry Peck
08-21-2011, 05:15 PM
I'm guessing the "electrician" didn't live long enough to stick that equipment ground in its hole.

Nah ... he was smart enough to figure out that if you just stick the ground wire into that flat sided hole, you don't make contact, so why bother, but he was not smart enough to figure out that the correct way is to bend the wire back over itself and pinch it with the pliers, THEN it will fit into that hole - that's why it has a flat side. :)

Just kidding ... totally ignore the "correct way" part of that joke (in case one did not realize it was a joke). :D

Ron Murphy
08-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Some people healy need to give their heads a shake.:confused:

Richard D. Fornataro
08-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Nice that they left the paper insulator there as well. A fire needs good tinder to start.

Wayne Carlisle
08-22-2011, 01:50 PM
Hey!!! It's UL listed wire. Shouldn't be a problem!!!

Rolland Pruner
08-22-2011, 08:19 PM
I would say home owner lic elect. His wife is proud!! it works.

Ken Schaumann
08-23-2011, 09:21 AM
The first one gives literal meaning to "cutting corners"

So what's the problem? All he has to do is notch the door and it won't hit the Romex anymore. HA!:)