PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake in Maryland

Garry Sorrells
08-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Just had an earthquake in Maryland. 8/23/11 @ 1:55pm.
Largest and longest duration I have ever felt.

Interesting sensation. Most in past just feel like a bus or truck passing by.

I know Maryland is mostly Democratic and starting to act like Calf.

Gregory Booth
08-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Also felt it here in the Finger Lakes @ 1:55. All of the "hanging wands" that adjust window blinds were swinging. Apparantly the quake center was in Virginia. There was also a quake early this morning off the coast of Long Island NY.
...........Greg

John Arnold
08-23-2011, 01:25 PM
Oh great. Now I suppose I'm going to have to add all that earthquake stuff to my inspections?!

Harry Janssen
08-23-2011, 02:00 PM
With all the changes in weather patterns in the world,our standards may one day change to acommadate these changes,who knows?

Vern Heiler
08-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Felt it here in Charlotte NC. Thought the dog was kicking the chair, he wasn't there?

Garry Sorrells
08-24-2011, 04:03 AM
John,
If we were in Calf probably would be included.

Does anybody mention earthquakes and construction of inspected properties in Calf. as a standard part of their inspection report ?

Billy Stephens
08-24-2011, 05:42 AM
Felt it here in Charlotte NC. Thought the dog was kicking the chair, he wasn't there?
Condolences,

Wishing for Everyone's Speedy Recovery. :D

Ted Williams
08-24-2011, 06:02 AM
I was mountain biking and no idea there was an earthquake til I stopped to take a drink. Then realized that my phone had been blowing up because GF was freaking out and couldn't get in touch with me.

Spent the rest of the night berating me, for phones not working, and me not telling her where I was going. Now she wants some kind of "policy".

Thank you Earthquake.

John Ghent
08-24-2011, 01:31 PM
Spent the rest of the night berating me, for phones not working, and me not telling her where I was going. Now she wants some kind of "policy".

Thank you Earthquake.

Tell her you took out a large policy on her today and you cleaned the guns.

Jim Hintz
08-26-2011, 11:26 PM
I was mountain biking and no idea there was an earthquake til I stopped to take a drink. Then realized that my phone had been blowing up because GF was freaking out and couldn't get in touch with me.

Thank you Earthquake. Think it's bad now? Just wait till she gets that little finger trinket and that slip of paper that usually accompanies it - after a couple years, you'll be able join a monastery as a celibate monk and you'd swear her walkin' sticks grew together !!! :eek:

John Dirks Jr
08-30-2011, 10:49 PM
My motion detection security cam caught the movement of my vehicles in the carport. My wife Kym was cleaning them at the time. She was pretty shocked.

Here's the vid...quality is not the best but still pretty cool. I had to videotape the screen since I dont have a convertor from H264 to Mpeg or whatever.

http://www.youtube.com/v/mObXoeeXh1k

Rick Hurst
08-31-2011, 10:35 AM
I heard the earthquake was caused from our founding fathers rolling over in their graves.

rick