PDA

View Full Version : Great for training panel

Rick Vernon
09-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Here's a panel that could be used as a training aid!

John Kogel
09-20-2011, 08:00 AM
That caution tape is too close. It should be 6 feet back from that thing, for safety. BTW, that guy fails the final exam, no doubt.

Phillip Stojanik
09-20-2011, 11:52 AM

Wow :eek:

Amazing piece of work there!

Donald Farrell
09-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Obviously, these pictures are pre-fire.

Question, please tell me this was done by a DYI person. I'd be real disgusted if a licensed electrician did this anywhere but on his own panelboard!

Jack Feldmann
09-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Nice photos - good for a laugh.

britney harstine
09-22-2011, 08:01 AM
:eek:

Rollie Meyers
09-22-2011, 02:17 PM
That panel is not a great training aid, but it is a very good example of how not to do things A proper training aid is a panel that was done in a professional & code compliant manner. Just my humble opinion.

Jerry Peck
09-22-2011, 06:22 PM
That panel is not a great training aid, but it is a very good example of how not to do things A proper training aid is a panel that was done in a professional & code compliant manner. Just my humble opinion.

Rollie,

I think what he meant was that panel was a great training aid in class where a student is asked to point out what is wrong ... and the student points to the panel and says "Everything" ... that student gets an "A". ;)

I was thinking it would not make a good training panel because there were too many items for a student to wrap their heads around and report - they need to learn one thing at a time ... have them pick apart the 100 car pile up after they have learned enough to absorb what is being presented to them visually.

Dana Bostick
09-23-2011, 06:44 AM
Rollie,

I think what he meant was that panel was a great training aid in class where a student is asked to point out what is wrong ... and the student points to the panel and says "Everything" ... that student gets an "A". ;)

I was thinking it would not make a good training panel because there were too many items for a student to wrap their heads around and report - they need to learn one thing at a time ... have them pick apart the 100 car pile up after they have learned enough to absorb what is being presented to them visually.

I think they are going to need the "use extra paper if needed for your answer" option for this test.:rolleyes: OMG, don't think I've ever seen a quadruple tap before!:eek:

Steve Lottatore
09-23-2011, 06:50 PM

Now Rick never said it was going to be a training aid for 'electricians'. More appropriately a 'perfectly wired panel should be used to illustrate the 'right way'; a hell of a lot easier than showing the newbies a multitude of 'wrong ways' to make it FUBAR.
I would think he meant a 'training aid' for ER or the morgue!

Nick Ostrowski
09-23-2011, 06:59 PM
HA HA HA!!!! You gotta go out of your way to do stuff that wrong.

Jerry Peck
09-24-2011, 02:40 PM
Now Rick never said it was going to be a training aid for 'electricians'.

I thought he meant a training aid for home inspectors.

I would think he meant a 'training aid' for ER or the morgue!

Agreed! :D

Phil Brody
09-26-2011, 04:23 AM
Quad tapped I'm impressed !

Bruce Low
09-26-2011, 05:21 AM
Never seen quad tapping, eh? How 'bout this quad tapping example?

By the way, lots more wrong with this panel, AND the other 3 main panels (fed from here) and 4 subpanels in the home. My client (an electrical engineer at a power plant) and I (a mechanical engineer) were rolling on the floor laughing after I pulled the cover off.

All the best,
Bruce Low
Bottom Line Home Inspection
Serving NEW

Ken Schaumann
09-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Too much beer drinking on those cold Michigan winter days with nothing to do but play around with electricity to try and stay warm.

Phil Brody
09-29-2011, 05:11 AM
Bruce - doesn't qualify for quad tapping, NEC 2020.69 All four conductors must be resonably secured under a single screw down, the paint on insulator does give you an edge, but still significantly diverges from code.http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/images/icons/icon10.gif

Jerry Peck
09-29-2011, 06:58 PM
NEC 2020.69

???? ;)

Cary Bissell
09-30-2011, 03:23 AM
Probably an Electricians home. You know the shoemaker syndrome.

Bill Hetner
09-30-2011, 04:46 AM
for the guy who did it a capital "E" for effort!! and the short answer is where is sparkie... he has some work to do well really alot of work.... no need to go into detail there.