PDA

View Full Version : Radstar unit stolen from our truck

Ken Rowe
09-22-2011, 09:35 AM
We had our truck broken into last night. Taken was:

Radstar Continuous Radon Monitor
serial number 1317

Only taken was the monitor and key. They left the case, tripod and serial cable.

We reported it to the police and Accustar Labs, so if it goes in for calibration we'll find it.

Jack Feldmann
09-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Start checking Craigslist and E-bay.

Eric Barker
09-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Sorry to hear about that Ken. I'll assume they left some other equipment in the truck?

Hank Spinnler
09-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Check local pawn shops too? Does anyone check there these days?

Gunnar Alquist
09-22-2011, 07:40 PM
Oh, man... Does this mean I'll have to return it? I thought it was finders-keepers.

Billy Stephens
09-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Check local pawn shops too?
Does anyone check there these days?
Pawn Shops report items pawned by Make, Model and Serial # to the locale Police usually same day.

If it gets Pawned or Sold to a shop your chances of having it returned are good ( if the Police are checking the reported items. )

Benjamin Thompson
09-22-2011, 08:09 PM
I imagine they're still wondering what the heck it is. Maybe you should get the word out that some radioactive material was stolen from a truck but there is an antidote if they call.

Ken Rowe
09-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Actually there was nothing else in the truck to take. I was surprised that they took the unit, but not the case it was in. I'm sure they have no idea what it is. I checked the pawn shops the day it was taken and told by each one that they report serial numbers daily of any items brought in. I've also been checking craigslist and ebay, but nothing so far. I'm sure it ended up in a dumpster by now.