PDA

View Full Version : Another painted panel

John Arnold
09-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Someone confiscate that guy's spray equipment!

Eric Barker
10-01-2011, 04:40 AM
Makes you wonder what other quality contractors the builder used.

Jerry Peck
10-01-2011, 06:57 AM
Someone confiscate that guy's spray equipment!

Makes you wonder what other quality contractors the builder used.

Yeah, if a painter is going to paint something, they should at least put enough paint on it to completely cover it. :)

Donald Farrell
10-01-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm sorry, but this is not the fault of the painter. The electrician failed to properly cover his equipment prior to the painting.

The electrician has to know better!

Jerry Peck
10-01-2011, 07:06 PM
I'm sorry, but this is not the fault of the painter. The electrician failed to properly cover his equipment prior to the painting.

That was going to be my first response to ... then I remembered having seen many properly covered panels with their covers ripped off and laying on the floor because someone took them off *after* the electrician left. :eek:

The electrician has to know better!

Yes, but welding on metal covers is a bit beyond what should be needed, beside, that may void the listing of the panel anyway. :)

John Kogel
10-03-2011, 09:37 AM

The electrician has to know better!Nope. The painters do their prep before painting, otherwise there'd be paint all over the windows, cabinets, and floors, too. We expect them to either mask the deadfront or take it off and throw the screws away. :D