View Full Version : What it is???

Bill Anglin
10-06-2011, 12:13 AM
90's model GE microwave and conventional oven (over/under). Inside the conventional oven on the front upper right side is a rod that protrudes through the interior wall of the oven and extends approx 8 to 10 inches. I know it is not the thermostat as I identified it at the back upper left. Any help identifying this would be appreciated. I told the client that its for roasting a hot dog.:D Then I admitted that I had no fricken idea. Said I know how to find out though.

10-13-2011, 04:38 AM
did you get model #
you may want to try here (http://kitchen.manualsonline.com/manuals/mfg/ge_appliances/ge_appliances_convection_oven_product_list.html)

John Kogel
10-13-2011, 09:01 AM
I suspect that appendage is a heat sensor for the broiling element, no?

Steven Turetsky
10-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Could it have at one time been connected to the spreader brace on the element, providing lateral support?

Bill Hetner
10-14-2011, 02:37 AM
might be something that has broken in time and the full extent of what it is, is no longer there. As long as it don't poke the cherry pie I would just stay away from it. :))

Robert Alfred Moller
10-17-2011, 08:51 AM
That is a temperature probe used when cooking which gets inserted into whatever to find internal temperature.
Example cook till 140 F. internal.