PDA

View Full Version : Metal roof with steel supports

David OKeefe
10-11-2011, 05:23 AM
I am unfamiliar with this type of roof support system and am looking for any information. Home built around 1930, original metal roof. I was not able to get into the attic. These pix were from me sticking my camera up the hatch and taken shots. Also the ceilings were what I believe metal panels and the attic hatch was metal with round holes in it like a honeycomb, open to the attic. It has been suggested that this may be a Sears catalog home. Any info, links, ideas, would be appreciated.

Darrel Hood
10-11-2011, 06:00 AM
I am not familiar with the system. But, if that is what it usually looks like after 80 years, it's wonderful.

BARRY ADAIR
10-11-2011, 06:07 AM
based on OP age it's pre Lustron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lustron_house) but similar roof system

David OKeefe
10-11-2011, 06:12 AM
based on OP age it's pre Lustron (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lustron_house) but similar roof system
Thanks Barry, the link helps a lot.

David OKeefe
10-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Barry, I found the home listed on the link you gave me! Street address and city.This home was listed (by Realtor) as being build in 1930. They may have to rethink that.

John Kogel
10-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Barry, I found the home listed on the link you gave me! Street address and city.This home was listed (by Realtor) as being build in 1930. They may have to rethink that.That's pretty unique - a baked enamel house.

BARRY ADAIR
10-11-2011, 02:09 PM
Barry, I found the home listed on the link you gave me! Street address and city.This home was listed (by Realtor) as being build in 1930. They may have to rethink that.

age, replacement siding and windows threw me but the trusses and roof panels are a dead give away
did they redo the interior as well?
i've been looking for one to put on our lake property as a guest house mostly for the kids and grandmonsters ;~))

David OKeefe
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Interior was redone except for the paneled ceilings. The attic hatch was original as well.
Actually the top right photo in the link is just around the corner from this house.