PDA

View Full Version : BBB Scam

Brian Hannigan
12-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Just something to lookout for.

I received the email below and the "Click Here" would take you to a site other than the BBB.

Dear Sirs,
The Better Business Bureau has been filed the above-referenced complaint from one of your customers in respect of their dealings with you.
The details of the consumer's concern are explained in attached document.
Please examine this case and inform us about your opinion.
We encourage you to click here to respond this complaint.

We look forward to your urgent response.

Sincerely,
Louis Gerald
Better Business Bureau

Raymond Wand
12-07-2011, 09:59 AM
Yes, I got it too.

Thanks,

Eric Barker
12-08-2011, 06:28 AM
Got 3 of them this morning and deleted. Hopefully everyone knows NOT to open the links.

Garry Sorrells
12-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Brian,
But where did it take you. Just curious.

Brian Hannigan
12-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Brian,
But where did it take you. Just curious.

I did not click on it but just by hovering over the link I could see the URL and it had nothing to do with the BBB.

I rarely click on a link from an email that is not from a friend, family or client. If it is an email from my bank or credit card I will go directly to the site on my own without clicking on the link.

Ted Menelly
12-08-2011, 09:09 AM
The BBB highers call centers to get new paying Clients. When ever I get a call you can hear the buzzing swarm of other callers in the background. I have no received and emails as of late but I have received direct and indirect emails in the past. If I thought it would do any good for business I would probably join the local BBB but when I was a member I was lucky to receive maybe a call a year.

Garry Sorrells
12-09-2011, 06:54 AM
Brian,
Thanks.
It will get to the point that an email will have to have a security word included before we will reply to it.

Sill love the email from Africa telling me that I have inherited money.

Scott Patterson
12-09-2011, 02:25 PM
The BBB is a scam in itself!

Raymond Wand
12-09-2011, 02:32 PM
Rec'd another this am.

BBB warns of scam email coming from BBB | www.wsbtv.com (http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/bbb-warns-scam-email-coming-bbb/nFxtB/)

Ted Menelly
12-09-2011, 03:16 PM

Thank you. I agree totally.

Dana Bostick
12-12-2011, 07:45 AM
I agree with Scott and Ted. The BBB is a huge scam. They are rife with conflict of interest issues and the businesses that actually become "Members" are always rated much higher than those that refuse to be strong armed into joining.

It's amazing (NOT) that member business always seem to have complaints listed as "resolved" when in fact the complainer just gave up and walked away from the hassle with NO resolution at all.

As a reference, see the following article: Better Business Bureau Scam - the BBB is a scam (http://www.thebluesmokeband.com/bbb.php)

It is only one of hundreds if not thousands about the unethical practices of the BBB that can be found if you take the time to look..

Marshall Eckert
12-12-2011, 06:03 PM
I called the BBB once to see if I was listed and if there were any complaints against me. Sure enough, they had an unresolved complaint against me. I asked them what was the complaint. They didn't know. I asked them who filed the complaint. They didn't know. So I asked if I could have the complaint removed. Not until I resolved it. So, how do you resolve a complaint made anonymously and no one knows what it is? I decided then that the BBB was certainly not worth my time worrying about.

Bob Elliott
12-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Just something to lookout for.

I received the email below and the "Click Here" would take you to a site other than the BBB.

Dear Sirs,
The Better Business Bureau has been filed the above-referenced complaint from one of your customers in respect of their dealings with you.
The details of the consumer's concern are explained in attached document.
Please examine this case and inform us about your opinion.
We encourage you to click here to respond this complaint.

We look forward to your urgent response.

Sincerely,
Louis Gerald
Better Business Bureau

Thanks for the heads up.
Those scams seem to run wild this time of year.

Garry Sorrells
12-13-2011, 03:58 AM
I called the BBB once to see if I was listed and if there were any complaints against me. Sure enough, they had an unresolved complaint against me. I asked them what was the complaint. They didn't know. I asked them who filed the complaint. They didn't know. So I asked if I could have the complaint removed. Not until I resolved it. So, how do you resolve a complaint made anonymously and no one knows what it is? I decided then that the BBB was certainly not worth my time worrying about.

Did you consider a suite to take them to task. Defamation?

Joseph Hagarty
12-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Exactly...

Dub Smith
12-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Brian,
Thanks.
It will get to the point that an email will have to have a security word included before we will reply to it
Sill love the email from Africa telling me that I have inherited money.

Hey Garry, We must be related.... I keep getting the same email from Africa about $1.5 million that I have inherited!:rolleyes: I just wonder how many have actually sent them the information they have asked for and actually paid the $96 courier fee!!

Garry Sorrells
12-18-2011, 06:53 AM
Hey Garry, We must be related.... I keep getting the same email from Africa about $1.5 million that I have inherited!:rolleyes: I just wonder how many have actually sent them the information they have asked for and actually paid the $96 courier fee!!

Dub,
You may be my long lost brother that not even my mother knew about...