PDA

View Full Version : S trap you gotta be kidding

Mark S. Connely
12-12-2011, 10:21 AM
you gotta be kidding is what i said when i saw this :D :D

Wayne Carlisle
12-12-2011, 11:38 AM
WOW!!! I can't believe I'm seeing it too! Oh wait... I can't :)

No photo attached... :(

Mark S. Connely
12-12-2011, 08:56 PM
;) sorry thought i attached it oops lol

Mark S. Connely
12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
and in case you cannot tell yes that is 3 s traps under one sink lol

Jack Feldmann
12-13-2011, 06:13 AM
I'll see your s-traps, and raise you.....

Nick Ostrowski
12-13-2011, 07:07 AM
S-traps are still allowed per the plumbing code in the City of Philadelphia.

Rick Cantrell
12-13-2011, 07:25 AM
S-traps are still allowed per the plumbing code in the City of Philadelphia.

Even if an S-Trap is allowed, are double traps allowed?

Nick Ostrowski
12-13-2011, 07:46 AM
I would say no.

Markus Keller
12-13-2011, 08:44 AM
The other thing you may want to note in the report is fixture venting. Typically if the drain is going down through the cabinet instead of out the back of the cabinet, the drain run is either improperly vented or not vented at all.

H.G. Watson, Sr.
12-13-2011, 10:32 AM
OP is in Illinois, and IIRC beyond the City Limits of Chicago. What the City of Philadelphia may or may not allow is moot to the OP; however what is pictured would not meet Philadelphia requirements either.

Expressly prohibited (and been that way for a long, long, long time) by the Illinois Plumbing Code. Although Illinois in general is a Home Rule state, jurisdictions (except Chicago) may not permit what the Illinois Plumbing Code prohibits - they may only be more prohibitibve - not less. The Illinois Plumbing Code applies to areas outside the city limits of chicago, it is under the auspices of the Illinois Department of Public Health.

There are a multitude of violations pictured, what has been photographed is not legal anywhere in Illinois. Public Health issues.

A proper loop vent can be an acceptable means to vent, when executed as prescribed in the Illinois Plumbing Code.