PDA

View Full Version : Zero Clearance

Marc M
12-20-2011, 09:50 AM
Would it be safe to assume that because zero clearance boxes are obsolete, and now maintain minimum clearance to combustibles that these boxes are in their current state, a hazard? I have 4 in one house.
Would it also be safe to assume that because the box is flushed out, that combustibles could possibly be in direct contact with the face?

Billy Stephens
12-20-2011, 10:57 AM
Would it be safe to assume that because zero clearance boxes are obsolete, and now maintain minimum clearance to combustibles that these boxes are in their current state, a hazard? I have 4 in one house.
Would it also be safe to assume that because the box is flushed out, that combustibles could possibly be in direct contact with the face?
Good Morning Marc,

The Posted Labels state to use only The Approved Zero Clearance Spacers.
* so Zero clearance is from the installed spacer.
** other label clearances 8' to side of opening and 20' ? ( if it is ) in front appears to be meet in the photos.
** This Label also carries an ISBO approval certification number that is still in effect.

Marc M
12-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Good Morning Marc,

The Posted Labels state to use only The Approved Zero Clearance Spacers.
* so Zero clearance is from the installed spacer.
** other label clearances 8' to side of opening and 20' ? ( if it is ) in front appears to be meet in the photos.
** This Label also carries an ISBO approval certification number that is still in effect.

I was thinking more along the lines of the installation of the box into the wall and clearances around the box e.g. side rear top etc...

Billy Stephens
12-20-2011, 02:41 PM
.I was thinking more along the lines of the installation of the box into the wall and clearances around the box e.g. side rear top etc...
Do you have pictures of inside the chase? :confused:

Marc M
12-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Yo... just one.

Billy Stephens
12-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Manufacture Fireplace Chase not installed per Manufactures Installation Instructions with Combustibles in contact poses a Fire Hazard :