PDA

View Full Version : Gas line for dryer

mathew stouffer
01-04-2012, 09:44 AM
This is a gas line connected to a dryer. I could not access the area behind the dryer, I just held my trusty camera back there. Is this type of line approved for gas.

Dan Harris
01-04-2012, 09:50 AM
The one on the right yes..
The silver one looks like a waterflex line.

H.G. Watson, Sr.
01-04-2012, 10:37 AM
This is a gas line connected to a dryer. I could not access the area behind the dryer, I just held my trusty camera back there. Is this type of line approved for gas.

Assuming you're asking about the braided SS on the left, and not the yellow coated corrugated flexible gas appliance connector on the right...

First, its not gas "line".

Nope, not as an appliance connector...assuming that that braided hose is even rated for gas use (I doubt as fitting, end, not as am familiar with for gas, and not brass) that would be gas appliance "hose", and if approved for NG and/or propane is for low btu/hr, low pressure, and only for use outdoors such as connecting the tank to a bbq regulator.

Also appears too small ID for a gas clothes dryer anyway, i.e. 3/8".

Note below, may appear the same at first read but is not...Z21.24 (twenty four) appliance CONNECTOR - acceptable vs. Z21.54 (fifty-four) HOSE - not acceptable.

The permanent identification would include an impressed on connection nut or an impressed ring for a listed ANSI Z21.24 gas appliance connector, not a hose connector.

Gas appliance hose (and that's assuming its listed for gas and not for water) ANSI Z21.54 hose connectors are for use outdoors, such as for portable outdoor gas-fired appliances (i.e. cooking device, outdoors, such as an ANSI Z21.57 device), and are NOT "Metal Connectors for Gas Appliances" for use indoors, nor are they hoses intended for use indoors or in confined spaces.

Gas appliance connectors for handling fuel gases at 5 psig (34.5 kPa) or less which are investigated under the Standard for Metal Connectors for Gas Appliances, ANSI Z21.24 for the ANSI Z21.5.1 or Z21.5.2 clothes dryer.

mathew stouffer
01-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Yes the one on the left. Thanks for the info.

Chuck Kaatz
01-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Flexible gas connector.

Gas Fittings - Aquaknect Flexible Connectors (http://www.aquaknect.com.au/endFittings_gas.htm)