PDA

View Full Version : Woven valley

mathew stouffer
01-05-2012, 09:20 PM
It appear two of the courses are woven incorrectly. I only noted two but was more curious the importance of this.

wayne soper
01-06-2012, 01:54 AM
all the shingles at the right side are improperly staggered along with the fact that this type of shingle is not meant to be woven. typically it will be cut to prevent over bending of the doubled sections.
which is probably why all the tabs line up.
bag it!! piss poor job and will more than likely not last as long as it should and may leak soon

Garry Sorrells
01-06-2012, 04:40 AM
It appear two of the courses are woven incorrectly. I only noted two but was more curious the importance of this.

What did you mean about "... I only noted two ..." ?

The actual weave looks ok, but bad idea on architectural shingle due textured design.

I agree on tab staggering and texture alignment.

Kerry Staudt
01-06-2012, 05:15 AM

I see the two misses on the weave. It's probably fine, provided the underlayment prep is correct and whole shingles cross the valley. If a joint occurs in the valley the potential for leaks is greater. My Opinion.

Some shingles on the right side appear to be stacked. Confirm the shingles have the proper stagger.

Raymond Wand
01-06-2012, 05:37 AM
FYI for reference

mathew stouffer
01-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Two misses on the weave, I could only see two.