PDA

View Full Version : Cars

Dan Harris
01-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Is anybody else watching the Barrett Jackson auto auction?
I'm waiting to see what my 1st hot rod , a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner sells for now
I pd $2995. [$95.00 a month payment] for a new one back in those days :)

Rick Cantrell
01-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Guess it depends on condition.
But I would guess 40-60

Shoulda hung on to it.

Dan Harris
01-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Guess it depends on condition.
But I would guess 40-60

Shoulda hung on to it.

Yea.. I sold it, after i went thru a rear end and tranny, and beat the crap out of it, and got a vega for better gas milage :D

Last year a totally redone one sold for $100,000

Rick Cantrell
01-17-2012, 08:21 PM
In the 70s my day had a SuberBee.
Hemi engine, custom lacquer flame paint job, Top Hat spoiler, even had parachute hooks for the drag strip.

Dan Harris
01-17-2012, 08:34 PM
In the 70s my day had a SuberBee.
Hemi engine, custom lacquer flame paint job, Top Hat spoiler, even had parachute hooks for the drag strip.

They were fun.. Mine was a plain jane, purple 383 4 speed with an air grabber..
My dream car was a 440 hemi cuda. Like a fool, got married and never got it.

A few years ago I belonged to a local corvette club, we , the members drove some of the auction cars from the storage area to the selling area at the Barret Jackson auction , I got stuck driving a couple old jap cars.

Billy Stephens
01-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Like a fool, got married and never got it.

I'm confident this was an Electronic Transmission Error.
* dumb ole www servers an such.;)

Ted Menelly
01-18-2012, 05:00 PM
They were fun.. Mine was a plain jane, purple 383 4 speed with an air grabber..
My dream car was a 440 hemi cuda. Like a fool, got married and never got it.

A few years ago I belonged to a local corvette club, we , the members drove some of the auction cars from the storage area to the selling area at the Barret Jackson auction , I got stuck driving a couple old jap cars.

Would we still be married to that foolish mistake. If so I think I would want to change that post just a tiny bit. Not that I would call your wife a fool but you kinda sorta did.

Nick Ostrowski
01-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Is anybody else watching the Barrett Jackson auto auction?
I'm waiting to see what my 1st hot rod , a 1970 Plymouth Roadrunner sells for now
I pd $2995. [$95.00 a month payment] for a new one back in those days :)

A neighbor behind us has a roadrunner rusting away in his yard as we speak. The body has been sitting there for at least 5+ years. I've never seen the thing run. I'm thinking about calling Purple Heart and having them tow it away.