PDA

View Full Version : And Stay In

Nick Ostrowski
02-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I hope none of the college girls living here will need to make a hasty exit from this place in the near future. And be sure to wear a helmet going in and out of that door.

John Arnold
02-10-2012, 02:38 PM
What's that chain attached to?
And, does the lid actually open while the "cage" door is closed?

Nick Ostrowski
02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
The chain was attached to an eye bolt which was installed in the side of window well retaining wall. It appeared to have a carabiner type clip on the end but the basement level bedroom that provided access to the well was locked so I couldn't get to the window from inside to test it and see how/if the chain unhooked.

I'm not sure if the cage provided enough clearance. The grate may very well hit on the underside of the cage and go nowhere but I couldn't confirm it. Even if it can lift up, I could see the grate falling back down on somebody as they try to exit. Just a bad design all around. I told the buyer all somebody needs to do is jamb a stick, nail, screwdriver or something in the lock holes on the cages gate and nobody will be getting out. Temple U.

Joseph Hagarty
02-10-2012, 06:50 PM
you need to stop those Philly Inspections.
(A third world city)
:)

John Kogel
02-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Escape thru the basement window seems to be impossible without an axe or a chainsaw. That's scary.
The emphasis seems to be more to keep the frat boys out, wouldn't you say? :D