PDA

View Full Version : vented crawl

Eric Smith
03-02-2012, 06:44 AM
Had one this week that had a dirt floor crawl with no vapor barrier, insulation in just very few spaces installed paper down, ducts not insulated nor any plumbing. Had quit a breeze blowing through it when i was there. What would you guys call out there. Still have some confusion on the advise to give on vents open or not.

Scott Patterson
03-02-2012, 07:58 AM
Had one this week that had a dirt floor crawl with no vapor barrier, insulation in just very few spaces installed paper down, ducts not insulated nor any plumbing. Had quit a breeze blowing through it when i was there. What would you guys call out there. Still have some confusion on the advise to give on vents open or not.

I would note the problems I found.

No vapor barrier
Uninsulated air ducts
Improperly installed insulation
In my area plumbing is not required to be insulated in a crawlspace, but if it is in your area then note it.

I do not give advice on foundation vents, my experience has been that what one person thinks is correct somebody else will have a different opinion.

Eric Smith
03-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Your the best Scott thanks. I was thinkin more of the main supply line from ground to joisst for plumbing insulation.