PDA

View Full Version : new inspector looking for field training

charles dickson
03-13-2012, 06:27 PM
I am a newly licensed professional inspector in Texas. I am a licensed Architect and qualified for the experience exception. I would really like to tag along with an inspector for an inspection or two. I would be willing to pay someone if necessary. Any advice anyone has for training would be appreciated. I have contacted all of the training schools I could find but they do not offer training in Texas.

Also another question for you inspectors. How many of you complete your reports on site? Do you used laptops or tablets?

Thanks,

charles dickson
281-610-7363
charlesdickson@hotmail.com

Billy Stephens
03-13-2012, 06:33 PM
Welcome Charles,

You might want to attend some of the Locale Home Inspector Organizations Meetings and Introduce yourself. ;)

Lisa Endza
03-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Welcome Charles,

You might want to attend some of the Locale Home Inspector Organizations Meetings and Introduce yourself. ;)Yes, come to our TPREIA meetings. TPREIA is based in your town of Houston and holds field training.

Scott Patterson
03-14-2012, 06:05 AM
I am a newly licensed professional inspector in Texas. I am a licensed Architect and qualified for the experience exception. I would really like to tag along with an inspector for an inspection or two. I would be willing to pay someone if necessary. Any advice anyone has for training would be appreciated. I have contacted all of the training schools I could find but they do not offer training in Texas.

Also another question for you inspectors. How many of you complete your reports on site? Do you used laptops or tablets?

Thanks,

charles dickson
281-610-7363
charlesdickson@hotmail.com

You should visit a local home inspector meeting. I think TAREI has something in your area and also some funny sound group had did not like how another group was doing things and they formed a new group (common in our profession).

I do not offer reports at the time of the inspection, and I do not recommend a new inspector to do it. Take your notes back to your office and write the report with not pressure or anyone waiting for you to finish. Do it on your own time and pace.

Duane Nelson
03-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Good advise from Scott. I didn't start doing reports on-site until after 4 years in business. Much less pressure doing them at home.