PDA

View Full Version : TREC Inspector Insurance

imported_John Smith
08-30-2007, 05:06 PM
As we approach the end of August, I was wondering if anyone has any updates on the insurance requirement thats supposed to start in September?

Philip seems to be in the inner workings of TREC, but I dont think I have seen a post from him for a while.

Jim Luttrall
08-30-2007, 05:33 PM
John, I am by no means an expert or fully up to speed, but here is what I believe to be the most recent info:
*TREC is enforcing the requirement as if E&O is what is required by the law while waiting for a clarification from the AG as to what the heck the legislators meant. (you would think they would have gotten the wording right since it was a insuranze guy that slipped the amendment in at the last minute.)
*Barry is trying to get us off our duffs to go voice our opinion at an up coming TREC meeting.
*Technically, you are not required to have insuranze until you renew, not on Sept. 1st unless that is when you have to renew your license.
*There are lots of insuranze companies lined up waiting to take your money:rolleyes:

BARRY ADAIR
08-30-2007, 11:12 PM
imported,

go to this thread to read the latest from trec post #43

http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/associations-ethics-standards-licensing-legislation-home-inspectors-commercial-inspectors/2802-what-would-get-you-attend.html

We still are going to Austin unless the AG changes the requiremnet or trec changes their stance before Oct. 8, 2007, either is all I want for Xmas