PDA

View Full Version : Hello guys

Guy Bosse
03-26-2012, 06:04 PM
fist time i post on this message board, i guess i don't have much to say, i am in the inspection trade since 1991 part time, because i own a sprayed insulation and fireproofing company, who's keeping pretty busy.
I am in a selling transaction so i'll become full time soon

Billy Stephens
03-26-2012, 06:14 PM
fist time i post on this message board, i guess i don't have much to say, i am in the inspection trade since 1991 part time, because i own a sprayed insulation and fireproofing company, who's keeping pretty busy.
I am in a selling transaction so i'll become full time soon
Welcome Guy,

Join in when you can.

Look forward to your points of view.

Stephen G
03-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Welcome aboard, unless your dealing with the flooding...then I should just say hello

Steve

Rainer Semsch
03-30-2012, 04:48 PM
Hi
I am a builder with over 40 years experience in residential construction
I came across this website in response to a question regarding using a crawlspace as a plenum.
I saw a lot of interesting discussions in this forum and if I can give my 2cts opinion I would be happy.
coming back to the inquiries some of the members have in the crawlspace/plenum discussion I recommend reading the material issued in "Plen-Wood system - Design and Construction by NAHB research foundation.
NAHB Research Foundation , Inc. PO Box 1627, Rockville Maryland 20850, 301-762-4200
This is a system that was/is used since the 60s. It is still code compliant.
What made the system attractive was the comfort of having a warm floor underfoot.Lower thermostat settings resulted. Same principle when you have warm feet on a cold day. You feel ok, but if you have cold feet, even if you shove your hands into the pockets and bundle up your neck, you still feel cold

Billy Stephens
03-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Welcome Rainer,

Glad you Signed On. :)