PDA

View Full Version : Online Scheduler

Ken Rowe
04-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm looking for a good scheduling program, either online or retail box. Right now I use the Home Gauge scheduler and I like it, but find the automatic emails sent out to the clients from HG aren't getting through. I don't plan on changing report software but also have no plans on upgrading my HG software which utilized their cloud server and forces clients to their site.

I currently lease my software and scheduling through HG. So my plan is to purchase the software outright and utilize a different scheduling program. Currently my wife runs the office, taking appointments and doing radon tests. The HG scheduler doesn't allow us to add an additional person without purchasing a second software license. We like the fact that we can go online with either our computers or smart phone and enter the inspection information and have the confirmation and reminder emails sent out automatically, but it doesn't help if HG's emails are blocked by spam filters. Any suggestions?

Jesse Bryant
04-04-2012, 04:34 AM
I have been using inspectionsupport.net for about 6 months now and have benefited greatly. Its very customizable and helps you not only stay in touch with clients and Realtors, but it has a whole host of reports that you can pull up based on whatever you query. Basically, it takes a lot of the crap I used to do manually with Excel and does it for me once I enter an inspection order.

Jesse Bryant
04-04-2012, 04:35 AM
And no, I am not affiliated with inspectionsupport.net, just a paying customer.

Ken Rowe
04-04-2012, 08:41 AM
I have been using inspectionsupport.net for about 6 months now and have benefited greatly. Its very customizable and helps you not only stay in touch with clients and Realtors, but it has a whole host of reports that you can pull up based on whatever you query. Basically, it takes a lot of the crap I used to do manually with Excel and does it for me once I enter an inspection order.

This looks like a nice set up, but not $1,500/yr nice for a single inspector shop.

Nick Ostrowski
04-04-2012, 11:35 AM
This looks like a nice set up, but not $1,500/yr nice for a single inspector shop.

C'mon Ken. For the cost of only 4-5 inspections, it will be all paid for.

Matt Fellman
04-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Have you checked out Google Calendar? Best part is it's free.... and it's a REALLY nice setup. I/we run a 4 man company with it and are very happy.

If you're smartphone savy you'll really like it... you just put jobs in and the addresses and phone #s turn into "clicky links" where you can make a call, send an email or navigate to the job with one click.

I'm sure HI specifc programs are nice but if you haven't checked it out give it a whirl. The ability to communicate amongst several people and have all info in one central place is outstanding.

Rick Cantrell
04-05-2012, 04:19 AM
https://www.clickbook.net/

Welmoed Sisson
04-05-2012, 06:13 AM
We've been using Inspection Management Systems (Inspection Management Systems (http://www.theschedulecenter.net)) for more than two years and are extremely happy with it. It syncs with Outlook so we can immediately see what slots we have open. And it feels great when we come in from a job to find that a client has booked their own inspection online, via the link on our website. The folks at IMS provide excellent customer support. The emails sent out to clients are completely customizable and I think in two years we've had one instance of an email not going out. The best part is that you pay per booking, not via an annual subscription or purchasing credits. For the hassle it saves us, it's well worth it.
--Welmoed

Rick Ramirez
04-08-2012, 08:52 AM
Although, I'm not big on AHIT's inspection software, I do like their
OFFICEPRO business management software for tracking and billing clients. It does a very good job.

Rick

Jeff Fleming
04-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey there. I know this is an old thread and I'm not sure if you found an online scheduler yet, but I wanted to offer up my company. I work for Appointment-Plus, a maker of web based scheduling software (http://www.appointment-plus.com/). We offer a free trial for you to test the product before you purchase.

Thanks for considering us and feel free to message me here if you have any questions.

Nathan Thornberry
05-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Hey Ken-

The two inspectors that suggested the online schedulers (one suggested ISN and the other IMS)...they're both giving you a suggestion that will benefit you greatly in a financial way.

I have no interest in either of those programs, just trust me when I tell you that you ought to pick up the phone and call both of them. It's actually cheaper than you suggested above and frankly if it doesn't pay for itself three times over you'd be the exception and not the rule. I know hundreds of users of both and there are none that would go back.

To the last poster- is your scheduling software inspection industry specific? Where can I see a demo?

Dana Bostick
05-14-2012, 07:04 AM

$1500/yr? I pay $20 / month. What the heck are you getting for $1500 a year? Do they come out and tuck you in at night?:confused:

Nathan Thornberry
05-14-2012, 07:35 AM
I don't really speak for them, but I work with a lot of inspectors and the top ones all seem to have one of these two systems in common. Here's what I hear as far as features go that made the decision easy for them and why they stick with it:

1. Real time online scheduling and pricing- clients can log in and book their own inspections and you don't have to call them back to ask questions. It also tracks the client through that process so if you lose them, you can follow up.

2. Integration with call centers.
3. Optimized scheduling- there's aspects of both systems that increase efficiency in when you book an inspection or inspections to save time on the road (and gas). I've been told by several inspectors that perform multiple inspections per day that they easily saved their software costs in gas and maintenance alone.

4. Online posting of reports, automated notifications to agents/third party subcontractors, online payment methods that unlock the report (reports won't be distributed until both agreement and payment are in and verified).
5. Both systems have a built in email marketing platform both for blast emails to your database, as well as triggered events like surveys 3 days after the inspection, follow ups 11 months after, thank you notes to agents- sky's the limit.

My only direct involvement in these systems is that they've automated brilliantly submissions for RecallChek reports and Alarm Leads- so if it's money you're concerned about I'll pay anybody's $2-$4 per appointment in exchange for the leads and then it's free! (shameless promotion there, but seriously- try either one for 60 days, one has a free trial and the other has a money back guarantee).

Dominic Maricic
05-19-2012, 11:33 PM
InspectionSupport.net (ISN) is the way to do. They integrate with our software, 3D, Whisper, Palm Tech, eInspections and others and I've never heard anything but good things from all their users.

Inspect Florida HI
10-15-2015, 12:47 PM
https://www.inspectcms.com

Aaron Johnson
10-15-2015, 11:55 PM
https://www.inspectcms.comInspectCMS.com is affordable and easy to use.

Good luck with that...

Jack Feldmann
10-16-2015, 01:47 PM
I kick myself for not using ISN before I did. $4 per inspection is a bargain.

Scott Patterson
10-17-2015, 09:16 AM
I kick myself for not using ISN before I did. $4 per inspection is a bargain.

Jack, I agreeā€¦. I went to ISN kicking and screaming and now I'm a happy camper!

Aaron Johnson
01-12-2017, 10:56 AM
You should try https://setinspect.com it's pretty cheap. The pricing model competes with other similar companies and has a ton of features to get you all the info you need. And the best part is, once you set it up it's all online and you don't have to worry about missing an appointment. If you don't have your own website you can just point realtors and any one else to that site and they can book an appointment right then and there.:)

Good luck with that...

Dominic Maricic
01-12-2017, 12:04 PM
You should try https://setinspect.com it's pretty cheap. The pricing model competes with other similar companies and has a ton of features to get you all the info you need. And the best part is, once you set it up it's all online and you don't have to worry about missing an appointment. If you don't have your own website you can just point realtors and any one else to that site and they can book an appointment right then and there.:)

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, that company is going to have a hard time in this industry. ISN already has the entire market. It's going to take a lot of work to even come close to chipping away at their market share!