PDA

View Full Version : Database

Tom Rees
04-09-2012, 07:42 AM
Hi all, I'm trying to get an email newsletter going and I am having problems trying to find a simple database to put all my past clients and realtors in. It doesn't need to be fancy. I am not very proficient at Excel and want something simpler. Any recommendations?

Rick Cantrell
04-09-2012, 08:37 AM
Hi all, I'm trying to get an email newsletter going and I am having problems trying to find a simple database to put all my past clients and realtors in. It doesn't need to be fancy. I am not very proficient at Excel and want something simpler. Any recommendations?

Simpler than Excel, maybe Word.
Sorry, it does not get much simpler than a spreadsheet.

Dom D'Agostino
04-09-2012, 01:56 PM
Spreadsheets are not the same as databases, but Excel can do a fine job of managing a simple list.

If you're doing email campaigns, they make a variety of CRM software and tools for emailing your customers.

Google's Gmail has add-ons for CRM and email management.

Or try:
Email List Management - Constant Contact (http://www.constantcontact.com/email-marketing/email-list/index.jsp)

Scott Patterson
04-10-2012, 06:22 AM

Many use Constant Contact with great results. My wife's company uses it to send newsletters and specials to their clients.

Benjamin Thompson
04-10-2012, 10:19 PM
Get an old copy of WORKS for windows. Has a great database, searchable in a thousand ways and my old windows 98 version still runs on windows 7.

Bob Elliott
04-12-2012, 07:09 PM
EssentialPIM - Probably the Best Personal Information Manager (http://www.essentialpim.com/)
I use the paid version and the notes function is the best method I have ever found for storage in addition to search as you type it uses a tree structure.

The calendar syncs

Holds client info as well as contacts.

Steve Frederickson
04-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Excel is geared more for working with numbers ( a spreadsheet).
For tracking names, addresses, etc. use Microsoft Access. It's a database and is as simple or as complicated as you will need.

Bob Elliott
04-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Excel is geared more for working with numbers ( a spreadsheet).
For tracking names, addresses, etc. use Microsoft Access. It's a database and is as simple or as complicated as you will need.

Steve ...sce..w excel I use a better free alternative,try it out.
TreeSheets (http://treesheets.com/)

Garrett Merrick
07-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Open Office works great and is a free download.

Dana Bostick
07-23-2012, 08:04 AM

All the various versions of MS Word have a "mail merge" function that uses the built-in Access database. Works pretty well. If you have Excel, you likely also have Word, Power Point, Access and possibly Publisher installed as well even if you don't use them.