PDA

View Full Version : this can't be right

Matt Fellman
04-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Can anyone make heads or tails out of this drain pipe setup at the laundry.... there's no vent nearby. I just can't imagine this is anywhere close to right.

Wayne Carlisle
04-12-2012, 01:51 PM
That type of system is usually used on island sinks where there isn't a way to install a vent into a wall.

In the picture I really don't know why they had to install a loop vent there! It looks like the wall is an exterior wall.

Matt Fellman
04-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Yep.... exterior wall. I always thought there had to be an air admittance valve on the island installs but now that you mention it I guess I've seen some without.

Thanks....

Nick Ostrowski
04-12-2012, 03:42 PM
You've heard of the hartford loop? Well that's the Oregon loop.

Matt Fellman
04-12-2012, 06:39 PM
You've heard of the hartford loop? Well that's the Oregon loop.

You nailed it Nick.... it's a PERFECT representation of our local government.

Dana Bostick
04-13-2012, 08:13 AM
Very creative! Good plumbing practice requires maximum use of fittings and pipe as well as labor to maximize the hours billed. Must have been a Union job.;)

Chris Roth
04-13-2012, 05:53 PM
That type of system is usually used on island sinks where there isn't a way to install a vent into a wall.

In the picture I really don't know why they had to install a loop vent there! It looks like the wall is an exterior wall.

That is a strange sight to see! I wish I could work on that dryer vent though!:eek: