PDA

View Full Version : What are these?

Peter Louis
04-23-2012, 05:44 PM
What is the pic1 cover plate with 1" hole beside receptacles in living & den about 5' high?

Is pic 2 white plastic the security alarm buzzer? or a humidistat. I cannnot turn off the hall way bath fan, cannot located the timer or humidistat.

Thanks

Billy Stephens
04-23-2012, 06:58 PM
What is the pic1 cover plate with 1" hole beside receptacles in living & den about 5' high?

Is pic 2 white plastic the security alarm buzzer? or a humidistat. I cannnot turn off the hall way bath fan, cannot located the timer or humidistat.

Thanks
Pic 1 Shows a Mistake ( Something was or should have been installed or a hole was drilled by mistake. )

Pic 2 is a Low Voltage Transformer My Guess is for the Alarm System.

Rick Cantrell
04-23-2012, 07:06 PM

Thanks

Photo #1
Looks like a cover plate for round modular phone outlet, with out the outlet inside.
Sometimes are used by DIY for cable runs.

Photo #2
The cabinet is to an alarm system. Alarm siren is above the alarm cabinet.
The tan device with zip tie is likely the transformer (power supply) for the alarm system.
I think the other device is a doorbell/ buzzer transformer.

Robert Ernst
04-23-2012, 08:20 PM
The single hole plate looks like the cover plate for a singe receptacle. I've seen them used for speaker or cat 5 wires before. The white box looks like the alarm speaker.

Garry Blankenship
04-23-2012, 09:22 PM
My guess/s / final answer is Pic1 = Low volatage cable outlet, ( cable, data, communication ), on the left and a duplex receptacle on the right w/ your tester still in it. Pic 2 = Left is a F/A or security system enclosure and right is a door bell xfmr.

John Kogel
04-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Rick, Robert and Garry win on #1. It is 5' high up the wall in the living room with a duplex receptacle below. J- box for the TV cable, TV not installed yet.

Ditto on the alarm box and buzzer.

Peter Louis
04-23-2012, 10:40 PM
Thanks

Billy Stephens
04-24-2012, 06:26 AM
Rick, Robert and Garry win on #1. It is 5' high up the wall in the living room with a duplex receptacle below. J- box for the TV cable, TV not installed yet.

Ditto on the alarm box and buzzer.
I'm Guessing this is the same 5 year old house in your other post.
* 5 years and No TV installed yet?
** Did he miss his Monday from 1 to 4:30 appointment ? :D