PDA

View Full Version : Insepctit Report Plus software issue

Martin Holtmeyer
04-24-2012, 05:18 PM
I have been using Report Plus software for six months now, and just recently I have not been able to use the Add-Ins feature which is paramount to the software. I contacted the company and was told that Microsoft did an update that does not allow this function to work. They wanted $200.00 + dollars to fix it through Tec support since my membership had just lapsed. I Finally managed to get them to send a file that is to fix the issue, however even following their instructions I can't fix the problem. Has anyone had success fixing this issue?

Todd Belverstone
04-24-2012, 07:35 PM
I have had the same issue with my program. I have done about all I can and I refuse to give them any of my money to fix a problem with their software. They don't even offer for sale on their website, so I don't think they want to fix it. I figure they just want to sell you a new one with a tablet. I have been using the report plus program for 3 years now and I am being forced to move on. I am currently doing a trial of 3 different programs and plan to buy one in the next few days. The only time they went out of their way was when I was giving them my money.

Garry Blankenship
04-24-2012, 10:05 PM
I started w/ this software and dumped it and them. It's not intuitive or user friendly. It is only AHIT friendly. $ 10.00/mo for what ?

Raymond Wand
04-25-2012, 03:20 AM
AHIT has a terrible reputation for customer service!
It seems they are slow on the uptake as to what good customer service is.

Scott Patterson
04-25-2012, 05:22 AM
If you are tired of being held hostage by the software folks you should go and visit Home Inspector Pro. Dominic and his staff have a very good understanding of the profession and most of all customer service is not just lip service!

I switched over to HIP a couple of months ago after using a reporting program for about 14 years and have not looked back. Sure it has a learning curve but so does ordering off the menu at McDonald's!

Todd Belverstone
04-25-2012, 05:30 AM
Scott, HIP is one of the trials I am using. I like the way it is laid out.

William Kievit
04-25-2012, 07:08 AM
To get back up and running, try rolling back the latest Microsoft updates. This worked for me on 3-D.

Todd Belverstone
04-25-2012, 10:04 AM
To get back up and running, try rolling back the latest Microsoft updates. This worked for me on 3-D.

I tried that. It never did work the same. I would rather use a program that someone stands behind! For me, it's time to move on.

Michael Nordberg
04-27-2012, 12:14 PM
I just went through this yesterday......and of course I needed to complete a report by today so I was freakin out because I couldn't get thru to AHIT help for several hours last night. After many remote computer attempts, they emailed me a six step solution....which worked!! I pay the $9.95/mo. fee and was quite frustrated when I was told about microsoft's update two weeks ago. They could have put out an email to user's to look out for potential problems...as a pro active gesture. Never had any problems before. I'll stick with them.