PDA

View Full Version : Credit cards

Jeffrey L. Mathis
04-25-2012, 07:05 PM
I know this has been done before, but does anyone have a recommendation for a CC program?

Jlmathis

Jim Luttrall
04-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Square
https://help.squareup.com/
'nuf said

Eric Russell
04-25-2012, 07:47 PM
Have ya looked at Square Up? You can swipe cards with your smartphone and there's no monthly fee. There is a per transaction charge.

Nolan Kienitz
04-25-2012, 07:49 PM
Cash and Personal Checks. No handling fees.

Haven't had a problem in going on ten years.

Jim Luttrall
04-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Cash and Personal Checks. No handling fees.

Haven't had a problem in going on ten years.

Yeah but your old...
Err I mean experienced. :)

Garry Blankenship
04-25-2012, 08:46 PM
It depends on how you use them. If you ever carry a balance, ( which you should not because their money is expensive ), the interest rates matter. If you use credit cards correctly, ( by paying off the balance each month ), the interest rates do not matter. A 50% interest rate is no concern, if you never pay it !That established; the points / credits / bonuses / air miles are all that matter. Some have annual fees, but those are usually nominal and must be weighed against how much free stuff they give you. Bottom line; if they cost you anything, ( net cost ), don't use them. Using credit cards correctly you can fly yourself and your wife to Hawaii every year for free.

Thanks Rick. No recommendations. I know Costco pushes something like Avalon or Elavon.

Rick Cantrell
04-26-2012, 02:30 AM
Garry
I think you misread
The question is about ACCEPTING CCs from customers, not using CCs for purchases.

Eric Russell
04-26-2012, 05:16 AM
Thank you Dave Ramsey...good golly...read the question!

Scott Patterson
04-26-2012, 05:47 AM
Look at Square! I'm just giddy with joy at how much it has saved me over the conventional CC processors. I thought that Costco was a good deal until I discovered Square about 2 years ago.

Todd Belverstone
04-26-2012, 04:38 PM
Square is a little cheaper, but they don't support Windows phones, so I went with Intuit.

Kerry Staudt
04-26-2012, 05:52 PM
Intuit's GoPayment for me. I think Paypal has something similar. SquareUp is similar.

Dana Bostick
04-27-2012, 10:17 AM
I've had several. Kicked them all to the curb due to high fees, monthly fees, early termination fees, and long term contracts. Freaking bandits!:( Had one try to charge me $400 early termination fee with only one month to go. Their monthly fee was $30 as well. I let them time out, one more $30 fee was better than $400!:eek:

Using Square now. No problems and the money hits the bank in a day or so.:D

Nolan Kienitz
04-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Yeah but your old...
Err I mean experienced. :)

I know ... and I'm getting more "experienced" each day!! ;)

Patrick Burger
04-30-2012, 05:35 AM
Hello Jeffrey,

I have used PayPal now for the past 18 months, and it works quite well. No monthly fees, just a transaction charge of about 2.7%. You don't need to swipe anything. They don't have to be a PayPal member, only have a credit card. It is easy to automatically transfer money from your PayPal account to any of your bank accounts. Just put a page on your website, with a Pay Online page, and you can create a ADD TO CART button, with a drop down menu for your SFR inspections - based on square footage/age/etc.

When I send my client and their agent an email confirmation, I ask them to please sign my contract - I use the CREIA (California Real Estate Inspection Association) Standard Residential Inspection Agreement (contract) and I include the Standards Of Practice as well - prior to their inspection. It is on my website on the Sign Contract page. I also inform them they must pay the inspection fee before or at the time of inspection. I include links in my email confirmation for both pages (Sign Contract & Pay Online). About 10% to 15% of my clients pay before the inspection!

I used to bring my iPad to the inspection, so they could go online and pay at the inspection, but I find it easier to leave the iPad at the office and just tell the client - just go to my website and Pay Online, and then your report will be emailed to you directly, but of course, only after I receive payment. It has always worked, with no problems - and NO PAPERWORK!

Regards,
Patrick Burger
www.architectinspect.com